𝘚𝘐𝘟𝘛𝘠 𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
that's kiara down there, my kiara
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

𝘚𝘺𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

The sound of my older brother's bedroom door slamming awakens me from my light slumber and I shoot up straight in surprise.

"What is it?" Wheezie groans, covering her head with the covers.

"Just a nightmare. Go back to sleep" I tell her, slipping out of bed.

"Where are you going?" My little sister asks me in a concerned tone, sitting up to look at me.

"I'm just gonna get a glass of water" I lie and she nods, letting her head drop back onto the pillow.

I silently slip on my shoes and exit my bedroom, hearing the sound of my dad's truck pulling up outside the house. I creep down the stairs and stick to the shadows until I reach the glass doors that lead outside, both of them wide open.

"Whose body is it?" Rafe demands, his back to me.

"It doesn't matter" Dad snaps.

My eyes fall on the half covered corpse of Gavin and my stomach turns in dread, my hands grabbing onto the doorframe for stability.

"What are you talking about?" Rafe stresses out "Whose body is it, Dad?"

"Be quiet!" Dad hisses, looking around wildly and I duck behind the curtain.

"You need to tell me whose body that is! Whose is it? Huh?" My brother retorts.

"Stop it! Stop it! Stop talking!" Dad warns him, clamping his hand over his mouth and grabbing his head "It's Gavin"

"Gavin" Rafe repeats in disbelief once Dad removes his hand from the boy's mouth.

"Gavin" Dad confirms.

"Wait, the pilot?" Rafe questions and Dad nods.

Rafe removes our father's hands from him and takes a couple steps towards the dead body.

"I don't un- I don't understand. What'd he do?" Rafe asks the man "What'd he do? What'd he do?"

"He was trying to blackmail us, son" Dad answers.

"What? Blackmail? What are you talking about?" Rafe replies, confusion clear in his tone and on his face.

"The day at the...on the tarmac when you shot Peterkin, I needed to trust him because I needed him to fly the plane to the Bahamas. Okay?" Dad explains.

"Right" Rafe nods.

"I gave him the gun, the gun that you used, and I told him to throw it out the window over the ocean on his way to the Bahamas" Dad tells him "But he didn't. He kept it"

"Wait, wait, wait. What- What do you mean, he kept it?" Rafe snaps.

"He kept the gun that you killed Peterkin with so he could blackmail us for more money" Dad admits.