𝘚𝘐𝘟𝘛𝘠 𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
no trouble this time
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

𝘚𝘺𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"Look, it was right here, and this is where that maniac claimed his next victim. Right there" Kiara rants.

"Uh huh. His next victim?" Sheriff Shoupe nods.

"Yeah" Kiara says.

"Right. How long ago did you say it happened?" Shoupe asks.

"Forty five minutes ago, Shoupe" JJ answers, standing up from his crouched position where he was inspecting the floor.

"Okay" Shoupe sighs "And so, Ward Cameron, just popped one off and shot him"

"Yes" Kiara answers.

"Execution style?" Shoupe queries "And then cleaned it all up in 45 minutes?"

"Yeah" Kiara nods.

"Obviously" Pope adds.

"Sylvie, are you really telling me that your daddy was here?" Shoupe asks me and I freeze up, words refusing to leave my lips.

"Tell him, Vie" Kiara nudges me forward and fear crawls up my spine.

"I-I can't-" I stutter out and JJ pulls me into his arms, holding my head to his chest.

"I got you, angel" He assures me lowly.

"We filmed the entire thing" Kiara speaks up.

"You filmed it?" Shoupe asks in surprise.

"Yes, but we can't show it to you because I stepped on JJ's hand, and then he kicked Pope, and then Pope dropped the camera, and because it's a piece of shit, it broke" Kiara explains to the Sheriff.

"This is a telephoto, and we needed to get a long distance image, and- and I fell, and it broke, so the video is basically unusable. But- but we were there, and we're wit-" Pope's rant is cut short.

"So the dog ate your homework?" Shoupe scoffs.

"No, Shoupe. I know it sounds-" Kiara is then cut off too.

"Look, I don't know what you kids expect me to do with this. You drag me out here in the middle of the night for a whole lot of nothing" Shoupe rants in annoyance.

"No, it's not nothing" Kiara argues.

"Except for some crazy stories about how Ward Cameron's out on a random killing spree" Shoupe continues.

"We're not making this up!" JJ protests.

"It's not a random killing spree! Gavin was his pilot!" Pope objects "Okay, he was paying him hush money because he was there on the tarmac that day"

"Gavin was blackmailing Ward because he had the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin" Kiara declares.

"He called him here and tried to pay him off. But it wasn't enough, and then so he shot him" JJ continues.