𝘍𝘐𝘍𝘛𝘠

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
you guys are the cutest
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

𝘚𝘺𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"Dad!" I scream, entering my house and slamming the door closed "Dad?!"

"We're up here, brat!" Sarah hollers from our father's study and I race up the stairs.

Swinging the study door open with a scowl on my face, I come face to face with a distressed looking Sarah and a worried looking father.

"Oh, Sylvie!" He sighs out in faux relief, grabbing my shoulders "I was so worried John B had hurt you"

I scoff in disgust and step out of his grip with an angry glare on my face, my fists clenched by my sides.

"Are you delusional? Johnny would never hurt me" I argue, making my father sigh loudly.

"He's not the person you think he is, sweetheart" My father tries to reason with me and I glance at Sarah who looks torn.

"I want to know what happened on that boat" I demand.

"Girls, I wanted to take the boy fishing. You saw that, all right? I did it because a boy needs a father figure" Our father explains and I roll my eyes as Sarah paces anxiously "So, out we go, and it was great. It was. And then he just starts...drinking, and then, at a certain part, he starts accusing me of these...insane things. And the more I try to calm him down, the angrier he gets, till finally he attacks me!"

"John B wouldn't do that" Sarah defends the Routledge boy.

"Sarah's right. He isn't like that" I agree.

"You don't believe this?" Our father taunts, rolling up his sleeve to reveal a bandage "Do you wanna see it? Where he stabbed me in the arm with a spear? Do you wanna see the one on the deck of the Druthers? You wanna go out there now? Let's go! Right now!"

"Please- Please stop yelling" Sarah pleads, covering her face with her shaking hands.

"You're scaring her!" I snap at him, placing a hand on my sister's shoulder and our father quietens down.

"I'm sorry, baby. I don't mean to yell" He apologises and Sarah lowers her hands, tears running down her face "John B is not who you think he is, okay? I mean, if you heard the crazy things he was saying on that boat"

"Like what?" Sarah retorts.

"Like I killed his father" Our father states "Like that. Me. Did he tell you that?"

Sarah puts her head down and I nod hesitantly, worried about his reaction to our answers. He sighs and walks forward until he's stood right in front of us.

"I know you have feelings for John B, and I know how strong that can be, especially at your age" He says to Sarah before looking at me "And I know he is your friend, and you think that you can trust him...but, girls, he is dangerous right now. I don't know what he would do to you if you made him angry, and I just...I can't have that"

My sister and I share a tear filled look of sadness and she grabs my hand, squeezing it tightly.

"I need you both to promise me that you'll stay completely away from him, and stay here until this thing all blows over" Our father asks us.