𝘚𝘐𝘟𝘛𝘠 𝘛𝘞𝘖

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
think happy thoughts, sylvie
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

𝘚𝘺𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

JJ, Pope, Kiara and I all stand in the pouring rain, Pope pointing an old camcorder at Ward Cameron's car.

"Nice camera. Where'd you dig up that relic?" JJ says sarcastically "Why don't you just use your phone?"

"Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics. Second of all, this is a telephoto. It allows me to get a close image from far away" Pope rants

"Lord of the dorks" Kiara comments.

"For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass" Pope defends.

"Ignore them, Po. They're just jealous of your tele...telethingy" I tell the boy, patting his back.

"It's a telephoto, but thanks" He smiles at me before perking up, pointing across from us "There he is"

"Yo, get down" JJ demands and we all duck behind the fence.

"And there's Gavin" Pope adds "Where are you going, you son of a bitch? No, no, no, no. I'm losing him. Shit. Where's he going?"

"Hold on" JJ says before running off and I frown in confusion.

We wait patiently until I hear the sound of JJ whistling and we run in the same direction, finding the blonde boy.

"Yo! Hey. I found something. Come here" He tells us and we follow him through an alleyway until we reach a set of ladders on the side of the building.

"Gotta go up top" He explains.

"That'll work" Pope agrees.

"Hurry. Don't wanna miss anything" Kiara snaps as I climb up the ladder, JJ right behind me.

We all make it onto the roof and drop down behind the small wall circling the edge.

"You rolling, Pope?" JJ asks.

"Are you getting it?" Kiara then asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I see them" Pope answers.

I shiver at the cold breeze that hits my soaked uniform and immediately regret leaving my jacket at the Wreck. The blonde next to me immediately notices my trembling hands and slips off his backpack before slipping off his wet hoodie, wrapping it around my shoulders.

"I know it's wet, but it'll keep you warmer" He tells me, pulling me into his chest and rubbing my arms to warm me up.

"Thank you" I murmur, kissing his cheek.

"Ward just handed Gavin something. I think it's a duffel bag" Pope explains.

"Guys, I think this is a payoff" JJ states.

"Gavin doesn't look happy about something. It looks like he's yelling at Ward" Pope tells us.

"Why?" Kiara asks.