𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌𝘛𝘠 𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
jj would never trade me
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

𝘚𝘺𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I'm woken up by the sound of a horn blaring loudly and I groan in pain, peeling my eyes open to see Sarah looking back at me. My eyes dart around the small cabin room we're in before looking back to her and she strokes my hair with a soft smile.

"Are you okay?" My twin sister asks me.

"My head hurts like a bitch" I whine.

"I cleaned you up a little. You've got a cut on your eyebrow and your head is pretty bruised, but you should be okay" She explains.

"Thank you" I mumble out, pulling myself to sit up.

"You're welcome" She shrugs.

I catch sight of myself in a mirror across the room and I grimace at the bruising blossoming across my hairline on my left side, the cut on my left eyebrow as red as the top I'm wearing.

"Where are we going? Do you know?" I question and my sister shrugs.

"I don't know why they keep doing this shit. I can't believe it" She complains.

"I'm sick of playing prisoner" I agree with her.

I hear the door click open and I look up with a glare, expecting to see our brother. Instead of Rafe, our father appears in the doorway and I freeze up in shock.

"Hi, girls" He says to us and stare at my father in disbelief "It's me"

"I know this is impossible to you, and I'm gonna explain-" The man is cut off from his sentence as Sarah storms up to him and slaps him across the face, causing my eyes to widen in surprise.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I deserve that. I do. I know I do. You have been through hell, and that is my fault. And I'm sorry. I'm so-" The man desperately tries to explain and Sarah slaps his hands away from her so I rush to my sister's side.

"I'm so sorry, Sarah. I can promise you that I didn't have any other choice. I didn't. I don't expect you to understand that now. All I can do is tell you what happened, and I'll answer your questions" Dad speaks, following us back into the room as Sarah pulls me to sit down with her.

"Maybe you'll see it was the only way. I know you don't believe that, and I know it's hard to hear. But I-" He continues his speech while Sarah cries quietly, leaning into my side and my own eyes well up with tears "It was my only choice. It was the only way to make sure that we were all safe and we were all together"

"It was the only way to be a family again" He finishes.

"How are you even here?" I choke out my question, willing myself not to cry.

"I used the scuba gear on the Druthers. I had it all set up in advance, timed to the second. It was touch and go getting off. I almost didn't make it" Dad explains to me.

I stare at the man in complete disbelief and I cry, tears roll down my cheeks as I heave in breaths. Sarah pulls me into her arms and I cry on my sister's shoulder while she rubs my back.