𝘚𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
i wouldn't be here without you
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

𝘚𝘺𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

After Pope leaves to question his father about the key that Carla Limbrey wants in return for information that can help John B and Kiara heads home to try convince her parents to pay for John B's lawyer, I'm left alone with Sarah.

My twin spends hours texting our little sister in hopes of getting a reply and I sit with her, not wanting her to be alone right now.

I watch her type another text before turning off the phone and tears roll down her cheeks as she lets out a defeated cry.

"Hey" I sigh, gently taking the phone from my sister and pocketing it "Let's take a little break, yeah?"

"John B needs us. There's no time" She babbles between sobs and my heart breaks for her.

"John B wouldn't want you to be sleep deprived and slowly going crazy, would he?" I argue and she shakes her head.

"No" She whimpers as I guide her through to John B's bedroom.

"Lay down and rest for a bit, Sar" I advise my sister and she glumly walks over to the bed, sitting down on the ruffled duvet.

"Don't let me sleep too long" She pleads and I smile at her warmly.

"I'll wake you up if anything happens" I assure her.

"Thank you" She breathes out, laying down and curling up under the covers.

"Sweet dreams" I hum, turning off the light and closing the door to let her sleep.

I enter the living room and the door is swung open to reveal Kiara with an armful of clothes, tears running down her face.

"What happened?" I ask in worry and she drops her things on the pullout bed, wiping away her tears.

"Is Sarah still here?" She replies with another question and I frown.

"She was losing it so I sent her for a nap" I tell the girl who nods.

"Okay, I'm gonna go find Pope or JJ" She says, turning to the door and my frown deepens.

"Am I not good enough anymore?" I blurt out and she freezes up at my question.

"I never said that" I hear her mumble, not turning to look at me.

"You don't have to" I scoff "You don't have to say anything because the fact you can't even look at me anymore tells me enough"

"You have no idea what you're talking about" Kiara argues, finally turning to face me.

"Oh, really? Then why don't you explain it to me then?" I retort, getting angry.

"I don't know what you want me to say" She shrugs, looking at her feet.

"I want you to tell me why you've been avoiding me" I counter "Since I got back to OBX you've been distancing yourself and ignoring me as if I don't exist"