𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌𝘛𝘠 𝘖𝘕𝘌

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
you have no fucking right
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

𝘚𝘺𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"Hey, pull up to Home Food here" JJ's dad tells us "I'm gonna need provisions"

Kiara shares a worried glance with me and she sighs, pulling off the road. She parks the truck outside the store and JJ gets out almost immediately.

"Crackers and baked beans and tuna, all right? And some salt and pepper" Luke tells him.

"Yeah. Five days' worth. I know" JJ retorts, walking away.

Once my boyfriend disappears inside the store, his father starts incessantly drumming his hands against the back of Kiara and I's chairs, clearly trying to irritate us. I take a shaky breath, willing myself not to give into the man and snap at him like he so badly wants us to.

"You're a terrible father, you know that?" Kiara snaps out, not being able to stop herself.

"Yeah, preach it to me" Luke chuckles, sitting back in his seat "Set me straight"

"Do you have any idea how special your son is?" I turn to look at the man in disgust, hating myself for seeing my own father in Luke when he scoffs at me "He's got the biggest heart and he cares about you far more than he should"

"He's a thief is what he is" Luke states matter of factly.

"What are you?" Kiara retorts "You're just a wasted local salt who never did shit but get messed up and hustle people. Not exactly impressive"

"You know, you sound just like your mama" Luke laughs in amusement "She was just like that in high school. Always thought she was better than everybody else"

"Kook princess" He says with disgust laced in his tone "You know, I bet you're a lot like your mama. Slumming with the bad boys"

"Are you an ungrateful shit like she was?" He asks her with a chuckle "I bet you are"

"That's enough" I snap at him in anger and he whistles lowly, grinning at me.

"I see that you've got your daddy's anger, sweetheart" The man taunts me, leaning forward "Do you have your mama's love for trouble? I bet you do. Must be the reason you've took a liking to my JJ"

"Leave JJ out of this. You have no fucking right to talk about him or my mother" I grit out, my jaw clenches in rage.

"You know, I wasn't surprised when I heard about your mama. It was only a matter of time before miss popular got sick of that perfect life and drunk herself into a noose" Luke comments and it feels like he's punched me in the gut.

Kiara abruptly swivels around and elbows him in the face so hard that he is sent reeling back with a pained groan.

"Don't you dare talk to her" Kiara spits at him.

I turn around in my seat and stare out the front windscreen, my vision blurring with tears that I try my hardest to make go away. My hand is gently intertwined with another and I look at Kiara who smiles at me reassuringly.