𝘚𝘐𝘟𝘛𝘠 𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘌

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
she's gonna be okay
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

𝘚𝘺𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"Put some pressure on that wound, here" The doctor orders.

"Yes, sir" John B complies "What kinda doctor are you?"

"I'm not a doctor" The man answers and my eyes blow wide open.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I retort.

"Not in the eyes of the law, anyway. I'm more like a service provider" He explains and I furrow my brows, still confused.

"What... what does that mean?" John B asks.

"Tell you what, if you find a cure for arthritis in med school, the higher-ups don't like it very much. You know, the powers that be don't give a damn about curing anything" The older man rants, clearly pissed off "All they care about is the green stuff, the money, the bottom line"

"Follow me?" He adds.

"Yeah, totally" John B nods "Is there anything else I should be doing? I really don't know anything about this"

"Just be quiet a bit. Take that off and let me study it a minute" The doctor replies and John B peels the gauze away from the wound.

"She's bleedin' a little on the outside, and she's bleedin' a lot on the inside" He declares.

"What does that mean?" I ask in confusion.

"It means I can go in" The doctor answers, picking up a scalpel.

"You're...you're gonna sanitize that, right?" John B asks worriedly.

"Good call, kid" The doctor nods, placing the tool into a bowl of liquid.

"Just tryin' to help" John B shrugs.

"Now when I do go in, she's gonna lose a lot of blood" The man informs us.

"I gathered" I mumble at the same time John B says "Okay"

"And it may kill her." The doctor adds and my heart drops .

"No. No" John B objects, shaking his head in denial.

"Or it may not kill her. Point is I can't be held liable for this either way" Doctor Nygard tells us.

"You're not liable, all right?" John B assures him.

"Yeah. There's one more thing. Job like this costs 4K" Nygard adds on.

John B holds a finger up, sniffling as he pulls the chunk of gold out of his pocket and offers it to the older man.

"This is all we've got" The Routledge boy states.

"You're shittin' me" Nygard mutters in awe before placing the gold down on the table and picking up his scalpel "Hold that back"

"Doc" I speak up and the man looks at me "Save my sister. Please"

The man keeps eye contact with me for a few seconds before looking down and getting to work. He places the scalpel down onto Sarah's skin and a sob bubbles up my throat, slipping past my lips.