Proposal

~ Zarkon ~

Lately Zarkon had been thinking about proposing to you. He really loved you and realized that he couldn't live without you. The problem was that he was too shy. He had a traditional dagger and after doing some research he was able to get an engagement ring. Blaytz noticed his predicament and decided to help, so that's what led him to the situation he was in now.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Zarkon asked Blaytz as he stood in the center of the ballroom which was lit by candles.

"Look, after Y/n shows up and you propose to her she won't be able to resist you. The music and candlelight will help." Blaytz said as he made sure everything was perfect.

Zarkon sighed, hoping that this would work. When Blaytz heard the door creak open he quickly left through a different door. A Galra servant who learned how to play a violin began playing a very romantic song. Zarkon's eyes widened when he saw the gown you were wearing. As you looked around the ballroom you saw Zarkon standing in the center and a small table with two chairs and a dinner for two sat nearby.

"What's all this for?" You asked Zarkon as you walked over to him.

"Y/n, there's something very important that I must ask." Zarkon said, clearly flustered.

"And what would that be?" You asked, placing your hands on your hips.

Zarkon knelt down on one knee in front of you and held out the dagger which was in its sheath. You watched as he got down on one knee in front of you and held out a dagger with both hands. You remembered him telling you that the last courting gift is a dagger.

"I- Y/n, as you know I am the Emperor of the Galra Empire; and every Emperor needs an Empress. During the time that I've known you I've come to realize that I love you and I can't live without you. You are different than any women I've known and I believe that you would be an amazing Empress and mother to my heirs. I promise to always love and cherish you. Y/n, will you be my Empress?"

"Yes, I will." You said, carefully taking the dagger.

"I've done some research lately… Here, I believe that it's a human custom for the soon to be bride to wear a special ring." Zarkon said, pulling an engagement ring out of his pocket and holding it out for you.

"It's so beautiful!" You gasped as you let him put the engagement ring on your ring finger.

Zarkon smiled, extremely happy that you said yes. He stood back up and you both went to the table and sat down so that you could have a romantic dinner.
             __________________________