Burden

(Warning: This chapter contains content that may be triggering and/or sensitive.)

Ch.28

Jungkook's P.O.V.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Why did I have to move away? It wasn't fair for so many reasons! I finished elementary school after so long. All that hard work and I was so excited to move on to middle school. Finally, I was going to be seen as a big kid! That to me was the most exciting thing of all. It's what I had been looking forward to as sixth grade finally came to an end. The next three years were going to be interesting! I was going to do it with my close friends though. They were going to make it possible.

Then that's when my Dad drops the news on me that we're moving towns during the summer. Moving? Is he serious? That annoyed me to no end! My friends are here and I was already looking forward to going to the middle school here. All the plans I had made in my head were erased in that moment. Thanks a lot, Dad. I was bitter the moment Dad told me. He sat me down in the living room with Mom sitting next to him. I had no idea what was going on when they told me what was happening. I yelled at them and cried a lot.

Let me stay! Please! Maybe I could live with one of my friends or try to live on my own. My parents only waved off my nonsensical ideas, telling me that this was for the best. Besides...this new town is where Dad had his job moved to. I literally couldn't do anything about it. The odds were against me. No matter how much I tried to argue with my Dad about this, he told me that we were moving and that was the end of the discussion. We never actually talked though. Dad got the final say all the time which annoyed me so much. I had so many points to make and prove!! But then again, I don't think I could stay away from Mom too long.

That eventually got me to give in to the idea of moving. I guess I can move with them if they insist. Even though it was sad to say goodbye to all my friends and my hometown, I was beginning to get excited. New town? New school? Mom said I could always make new friends which made me so thrilled. Imagine all the friends I can make! I wonder if they're just as into gaming as I am at my new school. Gaming is everything to me. As soon as I get home, I'm playing games for hours. It drives both of my parents crazy, but at least I'm not causing trouble! For the most part!

"Jungkook, put that down!" Dad yelled. Aw man...I groaned, saving my progress and then shutting off my Gameboy. "Help us bring the boxes inside the house. You can play your games when we finish unpacking everything."

"But that's gonna take foreveeeeeer." I whined only for my Dad to give me a harsher glare. He's no fun!

"Jeon Jungkook." Dad huffed.

"Alright, alright!" I shoved the Gameboy in my back pocket. He was holding two large boxes in his arms, but I knew if he had his hands free that he would be rubbing his temples. I tend to make Dad do that a lot.

"No attitude." Dad walked inside our new home.

"I don't have an attitude..." I grumbled, a small pout on my lips. What's his problem?

That is the one thing that makes talking to Dad the hardest. The two of us don't really get along. My old friends got along with their Dads, but I always struggled with mine. He's too mean and cold. Sometimes I don't even think he loves me. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he told me he didn't. I doubt he would bat an eye if something bad happened to me. Mom is the only one who cares for me. She's always baking me my favorite snacks and giving me tons of kisses. I love it a lot! Mom's the nice one and she's always much happier than Dad ever is. They're like opposites which is really funny to me.

My point was only proven when Mom cooed at me for helping out with bringing the boxes in. She would take the heavy boxes and told me to bring in the lighter ones. I wasn't as strong as my parents, but I tried to be. They told me I was still too small to carry the big boxes. Well, eventually I'll grow big and strong! Then I'll be able to carry twice as many boxes than my Dad can! That'll show him and then it will make Mom happy that she doesn't have to carry as much. It sounded like a solid idea to me as we unpacked everything for over half the day.