Prologue

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Time passes slowly, an unstoppable aspect of the vast universe that can never be sped up or slowed down.

But time starts to feel so minute when you've been living for so long.

The dark man turned to look out of the tempered glass, his inky irises observing every single human passing by through the rainy night. Each one had a distinct heartbeat, beating at different steady paces like their own metronomes to regulate their own musical performances called life.

But each one was irrelevant because the dark man was waiting, waiting for a specific heartbeat to be birthed into the world.

"Sir! It's today! Just as you predicted!"

The dark man slowly swiveled his head towards the sound of the excessively-bright voice in a smooth and robotic-like manner, his pale hands going into fists as they got pocketed into the fabric of his jacket. He spoke gravely, clear intentions and awareness of what was going on showing in his voice. "Where is he?"

"I'm not sure-"

The dark man gritted his teeth, voice piercing the air like a knife. "Then don't bother coming in here without knowing where he is first!"

The shorter man at the doorway, the one with the bright voice, squeaked. "I'm s-sorry. I'll... g-get that information for you shortly... but there's no rush, we have to wait until he's a bit old-"

"TELL ME WHERE HE IS OR DON'T BOTHER COMING IN HERE."

The short man nodded, escaping the room as fast as possible.

The door clicked shut, the sound of it echoing throughout the musty room.

The dark man sighed, looking back out of the tempered glass. "He's finally here. The one that could change everything is finally here."

The dark man gripped his hands together.

"I will find you."

A/N Welcome to Fuck You! (lol that's fun to say) I hope you all are as excited I am for this, this is going to be so fun!

unedited