ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1

The news spread rapidly that the war was finally over and the treacherous Lord Voldemort died at the hands of the almighty Harry Potter. Although it was great news it didn't really matter to her.

Orphans were a funny thing, someone who grew up not being wanted for most of their life unless one family decided to adopt them for their own good. It's the name she held for herself that stuck like tar and she knew every last one of them.

Unwanted Madden.

Filthy scum.

Whore.

Children were a burden, that's what she grew up to believe seeing the burden was her.

Lina appreciated the little moments, reading in a small corner of the library until her eyes burned from the infatuation from a good book. Getting lost in a spell book and simple muggle romances, but it was the longing to live that tainted her thoughts. The will you do anything for a day different then the rest of her years.

She knew everyone in the small town she grew up to know, but nobody knew her as she only lived in the shadows.

People were dangerous and cowardice creatures that only left you behind when a greater opportunity came, but today was different-she felt it the moment she walked into the library.

There he was, Mattheo Riddle walked into the library as if nothing had ever happened and the war didn't just end a few days ago. He didn't care and definitely didn't feel bad that his father died, but more of ashamed that he didn't receive his fathers magic as he was promised. He had a plan to go to school at Hogwarts and take back everything that his father lost but with most Death Eaters scattered and after years of building hatred for his fathers loyalties he decided to find new ones instead. Becoming an evil vicinity that contained the same charm his father had when he was his age. Certain wizards who've encountered the dark lord's son will only describe him as heartless.

He was persuasive and deadly, with plans that only brought havoc and death.

Lina saw him walk in right past her while she was curled up in the same corner of the library she found comfort in for years. She took interest in the man once she saw him walk, his curly dark brown hair with a cigarette in one hand and a book in another.

She knew everyone and if she didn't they would either be old and crippled or poor and dangerous. He looked her age and that's what intrigued her the most. Kids her age were property of the orphanage and none had the proper clothing he contained.

What she was unaware of is who had been watching her for far too long. Instead the back of her neck trickled with a burning gaze, one she couldn't begin to describe herself.

Instead of getting a headache over trying to figure out the mysterious boy she read throughout the whole day to tune her thoughts. Once the night sky had taken over she returned her books and was leaving to head back to the orphanage, but was stopped by those brown curls who quickly grabbed her wrist.

"Question for the road?" he asks with a charming smirk.

"Do I know you?" Lina questions

"No. I have a question darling, I think it's best you hold your tongue so I could ask it. I know you don't have anywhere to go so it's pointless to think of a lie and say otherwise" she scoffed and removed her wrist from his grasps quickly.

"Who the fuck are you to speak to me like it's necessary to shut my mouth when I don't even know you" she seethed, taking off before he could say any more walking in the opposite direction.

~

She had forgotten all about her encounter with the strange yet somewhat handsome man and went back to the library the next morning. The second she walked in she was greeted by the old librarian who never really spoke much.

While the tall dark haired Riddle waited outside.

Watching.

Observing.

Studying, from the morning until nightfall when she was ready to leave again, making sure their conversation wouldn't cut short.

He approached her with caution while she walked into the dark streets "I'm sorry about scaring you off yesterday it's just I've seen you around and think you're rather dashing and believe you and I can be great friends. I'm new to this town and don't have family nor friends" He stated. It was almost believable to her but with the way his eyes dilated she somehow knew it was all a lie.

A gift she always had when speaking to others, lies were easy to recognize.

"You can tell me what you really want you know, I've watched people my whole life I know when someone is speaking out of their ass. I don't need your pity excuse for speaking to me, I'm not that dull" she spat which made him grin slowly, the expectations were set high.

And she just succeeded them.

"I'm impressed most ladies fall for my charm but I suggest you're different right?" He winked lighting a cigarette and taking a long deep breath.

"I'm not so sure I'm different but rather smart instead. Since you are coming to me I suppose you want something like all these other sick men in the world always needing something from a woman, so get on with it what is it you want from an orphan like me?"

"I want to own you" he shrugged and said without hesitation.

"That's new. And what the fuck does that mean?" She said rather offended sending daggers through his skull.

"I want to take you to my home and give you all the things you need but all I need is your loyalty to me. I want you to learn from me and I'll teach you to become an amazing witch and give you opportunities you never had and that is the truth" he said with a smirk that could kill but she wasn't scared or intimidated, not in the slightest.

"Why me?" was all she could really think of to say and that was the biggest question that really intrigued her.

"I have seen you the past few days reading and watching, you don't have anyone or anything for yourself, but I can give you opportunities and even give you reasons to live. I have a strong feeling you're as loyal as it gets when it comes to someone" he wasn't wrong, she only loved one other person in her lifetime. Lorenzo Berkshire, since they grew up together, but one day he got adopted when they were ten and they never saw each other again.

To this day she would do anything for him and to even see him once again. Lina would give her last breath for that boy.

"Alright then show me what you could give me".