ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 36

Lina

I hate pain. I hate torture. Yet I'm constantly surrounding myself with it. Always by him. Hatred is what I should feel. Scared. Or even yet guilty for being the only one not going through the same amount of torment.

Family is a funny thing really. I've never actually had one or anyone really to be there or take care of me. I only had Enzo when we were kids and now he's already out of my life. Even though we broke up he continues to roam my mind.

Having my closest friends there at Hogwarts will make seeing him bearable. Not better, just bearable. They all hate him and Celeste is gonna have to control Maurice around him but it'll be fine. This semester would be different. Surrounding myself with my friends, family, and Theo. There is a lot to come and I would only hope that these new students won't be such a problem.

"Time to head out Lina"

I shook myself out of my thoughts and saw everyone was standing waiting for me to leave with them except Theo.

"He said he'll meet us at dinner" Maurice chuckled it's like he can read my mind sometimes.

"Alright let's go" I grabbed my robes and headed out the door with the rest of the bunch. Every pair of eyes were traveling towards us as we made our way to the carriage.

"New students come with me!" Hagrid said.

"We'll see you at dinner" Celeste said as we all exchanged a nod.

I sat down on the carriage alone. It was actually peaceful as I looked at the beautiful carriage admiring how rustic it looked.

"May we sit?" Hermione asked as she was followed by Ron, Harry and Luna.

"Yes of course" I gestured my hand towards the empty seats as Hermione sat next to me, Ron beside her, Harry across from me and Luna next to Harry.

"How are you Lina?"

"I'm good how are you and Theodore Mione?"

"Uhm good" she slightly looked towards Ron who had his head down. I know they used to have a thing but I would've thought it was already over.

"My brothers told me to give this to you" I looked at Ron confused since we never really share conversation but then remembered the famous Weasley twin brothers. He handed me a jar of what seemed like paste. I laughed to myself as I knew exactly what it was. Bruise removal paste. "Thank you" he just gave me a small smile and looked away quickly.

"You have new friends attending right?" Harry asked.

"Yes, the four of them are starting today"

"Because of Riddle" I looked up at him to see he had a serious look on his face. I know he just wanted answers from me and I couldn't blame him.

"They're good people Harry, you have nothing to worry about if anything I believe you should worry about the other two that will be starting as well this semester"

My head started hurting and I could feel a small pain but I instantly knew what he was trying to do. Legillimency.

I was able to stop him right away without him seeing anything. I was good at Occlumency but that didn't mean it didn't give me a massive headache from the use of it.

His face was startled. I could see the regret forming on his eyes.

"Don't ever do that again!" I spat and looked towards Hermione who was obviously confused about what had happened.

"Your friend tried to get inside my mind" I huffed.

"Can you blame me? Ever since you came here things haven't been the same. Riddle came the exact same time that you did I bet you're just as evil as he is!"