Chapter #63

Last Chapter:

Hikaru's POV

I let out another sigh and looked back at Lucy who was casually talking to Haruhi, Erza, and Wendy. I wonder what they're talking about.

--------------------------------------------------------

Kaoru's POV

I stare at Hikaru as he continues to look out the window, then at the table, and then at Lucy. He really doesn't know what he did wrong?

It was easy to know what he did wrong but he is so worried about Lucy that he overlooked it by a lot. I guess love can do that.

Now I know that he is only doing what he thinks is right to try and protect Lucy but in this world, she and her friends are going to the best protectors that we have.

We have no powers or control in this world; in this world, magic is over all else and these guilds are the ones that help protect those who can't or don't use magic. They're like the police of their world and that means that their job is dangerous at some points.

I let out a sigh of my own as I continued to watch Hikaru be lost on what to do and so I finally gave him a kick under the table which made him look at me as I say, "Stop."

He was about to say something but I cut him off by saying, "Take a nap or something. Stop going back and forth, you're going to make yourself dizzy." He sighed again and looked out the window.

I knew I wasn't going to get a response but he needs a serious talking to about letting go of this image we had of Lucy in the past. She isn't the same girl we thought she was.

She is no longer that girl who needs protection, those extra hands to do things for her, and she is very much independent. But what she wants the most right now from Hikaru, is his trust in her.

He needs to see that.

Natsu's POV

Once we were all back on the train, Lucy came and sat with us; I think she got into a fight with Hikaru. I was going to ask about what happened but I got this look from Gray as if he was telling me to leave it alone.

Normally I wouldn't listen to him but this time I did and looked at Lucy out of the corner of my eye to see her talking with Haruhi, Erza, and Wendy. I seemed like they were comforting Lucy about something.

Was it about Hikaru? Or something else? I wanted to know so badly what they were all talking about but I knew the minute that I asked, not only would I have Gray down my throat but Erza as well.

Gray didn't scare me but Erza did and I don't have any strawberry cake on me, so it's better that I just stay back from that conversation.

A smile that came to my face as a thought came to my mind, I can ask her later when Hikaru isn't around. Maybe this could be my chance to get her back.

But that also means that I need to get away from Gray and Erza's watchful eyes. How hard can that be?