Eyes Watching Her

"So you finally came out of your hiding place." Endeavor sneered as he stepped towards the scared waterbender. "I was curious how long it would be until you showed your face again."

Katara swallowed hard as she moved backwards from the enraged hero, his cold eyes seemingly staring through her soul. If luck was an ability, she would have most certainly had the worst of it. She hadn't seen him since that first night she arrived in Japan, and was hoping to keep it that way for as long as she could. But now... he was here right in front of her.

She took a deep breath and glared back at him. "Not like I was hiding in a hole. I had someone kind who offered me a place to stay."

"Ah yes, I heard from the chief you were going to be staying with your little hero. Young Ingenium. The hot shot rookie aid..." he sneered. "That boy always offers help to those who are lost..." he gave a snicker towards the girl in front of him. "... or have no purpose being there."

Her blood ran hot hearing those words, her fists clenching at her sides. "Tensei has helped me in ways I can never forget. I will always be in his debt."

He laughed to her reaction. "Oh? Calling him by his first name? The pet seems to have gotten attached to its master." Endeavor felt a bit of joy seeing her teeth clench in anger before he crossed his arms. "I don't know what kind of bullshit story you fed to the two of them about your situation, but I know a snake when I see one."

Katara's fists shook in anger to his accusations towards her. More importantly, the insults he made towards the people that helped her through this time made it worse. "So, what are you going to do? Take me in for more questioning?"

Her eyes noticed his fists emit a small glow, causing her to regret saying that.

"That could be arranged..." He snickered before dissipating his fire fists. "... But I'd rather not cause trouble for my prize's exam tomorrow."

Katara raised her eyebrow in confusion. "Your prize?"

"Of course, why do you think I would be here?" he nodded towards the recommendation sign near the door. "He's above you basic kids, so his test is different than yours. I made sure that I made him that way."

As he walked passed her, Katara realized what he was talking about, feeling a sickening taste rise inside of her. "Made your kid that way? Is that all that matters to you?"

He stopped walking and turned his head back to face her. "It's not like some peasant girl like you would ever understand. My ambition will drive him to be greater than any of you." His mouth curled up into a sinister grin. "Don't worry, I'm not going to even bring any of this to him. If by some miracle a rat like you makes it into UA, I'll let him simply over shine all of you would be heroes."

The young waterbender's breath came in deep inhales as she fought to control her anger. She didn't know this kid of his, but her mind immediately thought to the deranged daughter of the fire lord she had engaged multiple times with. Before she could respond, his cold voice rang through the hallways once more.

"And by the way girl, I still haven't forgotten the trouble you caused back then. Even if you claim to have changed, I'll say this; You take a step out of line again, and I'll personally be the one to put you away."

After those words, the flame hero was out of sight, leaving the angered Katara standing alone I the hallway.

In a back of the main UA building, a darkened room held many figures overlooking the dozens of screens lining the main wall. The rows of teachers eyed the many students across the monitors, eyeing the ones that really caught their attention.