The Spider's Web

Notes: Oh god... I can't believe the last few weeks...

First work has been a nightmare, and then my laptop literally snapped in half last week. and even after I got my new one up and running, I realized somehow over 2,000 words of my google docs got deleted... so became too frustrated to do all of it over again. It will all be put into next chapter.

So I apologize if this chapter feels like set up... but meh... I had to get a chapter out to you fans. so enjoy!

Dropping through the cave tunnel, Katara slid down the steep incline towards the depths. Using the light from Burnin's hair and Bakugo's explosions, she could make out the rough walls around her as they went deeper. Then suddenly, she caught sight of Shishido disappearing forward along with the other heroes, before seeing that the ground leveled out beneath them, stopping her movement alongside everyone else. The moment they stopped, several of the officers flipped on their lights, illuminating the area around the group.

"Everyone be ready," Shishido stated, his eyes looking through the darkness for any movement.

"I'm ready," Bakugo grinned as he readied his hands.

Katara opened her canteen open as she readied for whatever came their way, looking around past the lit area around them. From what she could see, they were in an enormous cavern that led to multiple pathways, looking around as the police readied their weapons. Taking a breath, she quickly cracked her knuckles as she tried making out through the darkness. "So where do we go now?" she asked.

"We go through every cavern and kick their asses, that's what." Burnin chuckled and ignited her palms.

Shishido was about to glare back at the others to be quiet, but his nose suddenly picked up several scents around them. His eyes widened as he looked forward, now sensing at least four different beings, and one of them was exceptionally close. "Someone's coming!"

Everyone turned forward to where Shishido was looking, Kendo's hands expanding slightly as Katara pulled out a stream of water around her shoulders. As the figure grew closer, however, their eyes widened as they now heard a slow clap and a small chuckle. When the figure came into the light, Katara's mouth dropped in shock when she saw the tall woman come into view. "That's..." she muttered.

"Well done, well done," Itkomi snickered as she came into the light, sarcastically raising her hands from the guns pointed in her direction. "You found us, whatever shall we do now?"

"What the hell?" Shishido said out loud, confused at why the hunters leader was here. Itkmoi's multiple eyes narrowed in amusement seeing the shocked look on the other's faces.

"Oh, was I supposed to be somewhere else right now? I apologize for that..." Itkomi reached up and gripped her forehead, maintaining the smirk on her face as she looked back at the heroes. "It seems there... may have been a mix up in the information you received."

"What?" Shishido said in shock, thinking back to the interrogations they had with Vixen. His gaze narrowed as he flexed his claws. "Wait... the woman we captured... This was part of your plan?"

"It seems you put a lot of trust in Vixen's words... and that was your first mistake." Itkomi chuckled to herself and gave a wink. "I guess you should have learned a little bit more of what animals we really were."

The officers looked at each other in confusion to what was said, with Burnin stepping forward and growing the fire in her hands. "Alright Charlotte's Web, time to spill your guts on why you assholes were after me!"

Itkomi only snickered in amusement, still keeping their true "And why would I tell you that? Besides..." Itkomi's palms opened up allowing the strings of webbing to stretch between her fingers. "It's not like any of you are going to be leaving here today."