Twenty Minutes

Notes: Oh my god... It's back people, the story is back!

I want to apologize it took this long (what two months?!) for an update, but in all honesty this has been the craziest portion of my life. and this is also alot shorter chapter than I wanted, but I just didn't want to keep you guys waiting any longer. but here we are... it's back!

And also, I have finally gotten settled into my new place! so updates will be returning at a better pace soon!

so without further ado... Enjoy!

Katara stood in front of the tall building for a few minutes, staring up to the top floor of the Endeavor agency knowing who was up there. She frowned as she squeezed the handle of her briefcase, her mind going back to the thought of him. At this point she didn't even care about what he thought of her, whatever problem he had with her she would just push aside. That wasn't what bothered her any longer. The things she heard that happened in the past is what stuck inside her mind now.

And she would find the time to confront that.

Taking a breath, she walked forward and pushed open the main door to the building. She walked through the entrance hall and found herself in the large agency room lined with the desks she remembered from the last time she was here. Immediately several of the sidekicks looked up to her, their eyes widening when they saw the waterbender standing there, still surprised to see her standing there despite knowing she was coming. Katara herself stared back at the group of heroes, unsure if she should simply walk up and talk to them or not. It wasn't like she even spoke to them the last time she was here. Before she could do anything though, an arm suddenly flung over her shoulder and yanked her to the side.

"Well look what we got here? The little water princess is back!" Burnin laughed as she pulled the startled Katara against her side. "Ain't this a shocker, huh?"

Grunting, Katara shook herself free of the grip and back up, although she gave a small smile up to the sidekick. "Nice to see you, too, Burnin."

"Of course it's nice to see me, when is it not?" Burnin laughed, "Heard your little friend isn't joining us. I was hoping to smack both of you around this time."

Katara's smile fell at that, letting a small sigh out. "Yeah, he didn't get his license."

"So I heard. Pretty surprised, honestly." Burnin shrugged. "Figured he was too much of a stiff to actually let himself screw up."

'It's more than just that,' Katara muttered internally, knowing what made him lose his cool during the test. She rubbed the back of her head and sighed. "I wasn't expecting to have to come back here alone."

"Oh, not happy your cuddle bug didn't come with you?" Burnin chuckled as she turned away and walked. "Guess you'll be alone on the couch."

While she was simply screwing with her, Burnin didn't notice the blush that grew across Katara's face. The waterbender felt grateful at that, following the sidekick through the room and towards the elevators. Even though she knew Burnin was seemingly cool with her, she wasn't sure if letting Endeavor's top sidekick know the truth of her relationship with him yet.

"The big guy is in his office. You can go and meet him yourself and-

Burnin stopped talking when she saw the elevator doors open, revealing the figure standing there. Katara's eyes widened as well when she saw who it was, her heart immediately speeding up as the flame hero came into view. While before it was always in concern, that wasn't the case anymore, her fists clenching at her sides as he stepped into the room.

"Endeavor sir!" Burnin quickly gave a salute and grinned up at her boss. "I wasn't expecting you to be coming down."

Endeavor was about to answer but noticed Katara standing there behind Burnin. The pair of them stared at each other for several moments, the air seeming to stand still as the two didn't say anything. Endeavor huffed out and stepped forward. "So you have returned here once more, I see."