An end to the Festival

Notes: Well, here with a chapter again... later and much shorter than planned. Unfortunately, when you have four nieces under the age of 4 years old running and playing at your house... sometimes they start hitting keys on your computer... which may somehow delete about 5 pages of content...

guess it's preparing me for when my first kid is born. what can you do?

Anyway... hope you enjoy and have some news in the end!

Walking through the crowd with everyone, Katara chuckled as everyone kept making comments about her performance on stage earlier in the day, going from praising how awesome she looked to questions of where that idea of a dance came from. Looking beside herself, she smiled as Shoto walked with her, noticing the small smile he was also wearing. "Someone is looking happy today." She said, receiving a chuckle from him.

"I had no idea you could do something so spectacular, Katara," He said, "It was... more than just a dance you did. That... looked like a work of art you performed."

Katara chuckled at his explanation. "Well, it's bending. And bending is an art if you think about it." She sighed as she thought back to the time she wore a similar outfit, calling herself the Painted Lady. "I wanted to show what I could show from my home as beautiful."

"You certainly accomplished that," Shoto responded. "It's obvious I wasn't the only one thinking that there."

A small smirk spread across the waterbenders face as she looked down to her arms, and the first place trophy she was carrying. "I guess it did look really good."

Once the competitors were finished, voting took place from all the students in attendance. It wasn't too much of a shock that whoever was competing pretty much got their class vote, so they had to hope they could persuade enough of the other students that they deserved the votes more than others. When they were all tallied up, while she did want to beat that arrogant blonde girl, Katara herself was actually surprised to find out she would be the one receiving the most votes. Ibara happily congratulated her fellow first year, herself somewhat happy she didn't win due to how embarrassed she felt even being on stage.

For Nejire, Katara did feel some sympathy for. She heard from Uraraka that the third year had been the runner up for the last two years, so this technically was her last chance to claim the first place spot. Nejire however smiled just as happily as she normally did, congratulating the waterbenders win. Apparently, she didn't specifically want first place itself... She simply wanted to beat the arrogant Bibimi after all this time. So getting second place to Katara was just as good as winning for her. So it ended up being quite the successful day for everyone here.

"Water moves were so cool!"

Katara looked down to the voice to the side, laughing as Eri spun in a circle impersonating her routine. What made her even happier was the bright smile across the child's face. Just the simple expression changed the girl who looked terrified of anything, to one who found enjoyment in everything. "You liked watching my show, Eri?" Katara asked, earning another excited spin.

"The water went woosh!" Eri exclaimed as she swung her arms out, throwing them over her head. "It got cold, then ice was so pretty."

"Thank you," Katara happily beamed at the girl. "I'm glad you liked it so much."

Eri stopped as her mind began working, a small sparkle in her eye. "So... pretty." She turned and pointed at Momo in the group. "Pretty like her!"

Both Momo and Izuku were surprised at first by the comment, before laughing at Katara's confusion. "She... was asking what pretty meant. Somehow... I was an example." Momo bashfully answered.