The Promise

"This is not what I expected!" Katara yelped out in shock as her team sprinted away from another barrage of incoming attacks from the others.

It had been three minutes so far in the calvary battle and to ones surprise the top team had been the main target. So for Katara's team, most of what they had done was simply run as almost every other team had come straight for them. Just then one of class B's teams shot out what looked like scales from his arms right for her. She quickly bended her water up and formed an ice shield catching the hundreds of small fragments. She looked over and saw the other teams now attempting to close in from the right. "Let's get away from this area and give us some space to work!" She yelled to the three below her.

"On it!" Momo responded and helped charge forward with the others. She created a handful or sharp spikes and tossed them out behind her causing several of the incoming teams to halt their charge. "There, that will at least slow them down a bit."

"Good thinking." Katara nodded as she saw some of the teams trying to step around the spikes. She then noticed another member of class B shoot off what looked like a horn from their head and it flew through the air towards them. "Incoming!"

Whipping her arms up, she slashed her water up and cut the incoming attack in half. Not getting a moments break, she saw another class B team running in. "This is much more difficult than I expected."

"What did you expect from having the top score?" Momo sighed out loud.

Midoriya's eyes caught sight of Jiro's quirk shooting in from his side. "Hey look out!"

Before the earphone jacks could reach them, dark shadows claws shot out and swiped them back. "I'll cover the longer range attacks from the side." Tokoyami said as he retracted his quirk back in front of him, bringing a smile to Katara's face.

"Nice work. Let's just keep this up and we will be fine." Katara looked back to see others attempting to come forward, but then she was completely caught off guard as Bakugo was blasting through the air right towards her.

"OHH! BAKUGO IS CHARGING HIMSELF AWAY FROM HIS TEAM! WHAT'S GOING ON!?" Mic yelled out in shock to the act before Midnight spoke over her mic.

"He has not touched the ground, therefore it is legal!"

"Give me that headband, hair loops!" he roared out and brought his hands forward to blow them away, but dark shadow extended out and took the brunt of the blast. Seeing his attack only made Bakugo more angry. "Get out of the way, you stupid shadow!"

Midoriya then saw Bakugo place his feet on dark shadows stomach, watching him bracing his legs and leaning back slightly. "Watch it! He will kick off and use the leverage to get the high ground above us!"

His analysis was correct, and Bakugo leaped up in the air over dark shadow's head and brought his hands down. Katara however was ready for him and shot a water whip out encasing his hands, but the explosion from Bakugo's palms broke him free.

"Don't think your nerdy guess is going to stop me!" Bakugo yelled and prepared for another attack.

"Katara, here!"

Hearing her name, Katara flipped her head towards Momo and saw a shield being handed towards her. Not having time to think, she grabbed it with her water and whipped it forward right at Bakugo. The steel and water combo now was too much for Bakugo to break through, the teen falling towards the ground before his teammate Sero shot out tape and snatched him back to their group. Pulling the shield back, Katara smiled and handed it back towards Momo. "Nice move."

"Thanks." Momo grinned and slipped the shield onto her arm to save for later.

While the team seemed to have a found a moment of success, they were all perplexed when suddenly a thick sheet of ice raced across the arena floor encasing most of the others feet. Katara's eyes widened in shock as the ice rushed at them as well, waving her hands fast and dispersing the frozen sheet away from her teams feet. While her team was fortunate enough to stay free, the others couldn't help but voice their disappointment.