Showdown: Katara vs Todoroki

Fate had a strange way of playing itself out for Katara, the waterbender tapping her foot anxiously in her waiting room. In her own world, she had faced someone who was determined to defeat her and her friends to prove something for his father. And now, she was about to battle her classmate Todoroki, who wanted to defeat her so he could prove something to his father. It seemed almost... poetic in a way for her; A little reminder to the home she had lost. But to say this is something she planned for was dead wrong.

She had to face off against the son of Endeavor, a man that seemed so power hungry that he didn't care about his own kid. It was much to like what Zuko had told her of his own father. But to compare him to the fire lord? No. She had never even met the fire lord herself, but it didn't take a genius to understand Endeavor was not the monster that was Ozai. He wasn't a murderer and did try to save others... but a parent was for certain not even on his radar of priorities. She clenched her fist in frustration that someone was so blind they couldn't even see what they did to their own family.

The sudden knock on the door caused her heart beat harder as she was signaled the start of her match. She took a deep breath before standing up, re strapping her canteen onto her waist as she walked over to the door. Every step she took through the hall seemed silent as her mind began to block out everything around her. Surprising even herself, her heart raced faster, but it wasn't from fear. It was something she only felt a few times in her time in her life, one of true focus and determination. Katara couldn't help but chuckle to herself when she realized what she was feeling, something she didn't realize until it was about to happen.

She wanted to face Todoroki.

_______________________________________________________

"NOW PEOPLE, LETS HEAR THE NOISE AS WE GET THE SEMI FINALS CRACKING! WE ARE STARTING THIS FIRST MATCH UP WITH THE TWO THAT HAVE BEEN NECK AND NECK THIS ENTIRE DAY!"

The audience screamed in excitement as Present Mic readied them for perhaps the most anticipated match of the day for them. For most of the pro heroes attending, Todoroki was the one to watch when they came here. Being the son of the second ranked hero was already enough for attention, and he had displayed power that backed up the hype behind him. But there was something that none of them had expected show up at this festival, someone with enough talent to sweep in and steal some of the thunder away from the child of Endeavor.

Katara.

A girl who none of them had known of until she was chosen for the opening speech. Her words had struck many of them just as hard as the students below, and they all paid attention once she had taken first after the race. They were even more surprised when she and her team took victory in the team matches as well, retaking the points from Todoroki's team. And after two action packed matches, she was here once again to put on a show for all of them. Many could not wait to see what she had in store now against the one riding in her wake the entire time.

"FIRST, WE HAVE HER AGAIN PEOPLE, THE WATER GODDESS THAT IS WASHING AWAY THE OBSTACLES BLOCKING HER PATH! FROM THE HERO COURSE, KAIRI KATARA!"

Katara stared across the stage as her opponent made his way up the steps, his dual colored eyes locked onto her like a hungry wolf. She took another breath as they refused to break eye contact of one another, both ready for this. Even their classmates could feel the tension from the seats, all remaining silent as they stared down below.

"VERSUS... THIS GUY CAN PULL A GLACIER OUT OF HIS POCKET. FROM THE HERO COURSE, SHOTO TODOROKI!"

While the crowds cheers rang through the air, the two combatants drowned it out as they reached their spots on stage, Todoroki's fist clenching slightly as he looked down to the canteen on her side. "So the time has come, Katara." He calm but sternly said, Katara grunting in response.