The Choice you made

Notes: short chapter, yes! I'll explain in the end!

Walking alongside Aizawa, Katara could sense the tension coming from her teacher, looking up to him in concern. "Sir, what's the-

"Just wait until we get to the office. This is something we don't need to discuss in the open."

Just the frustrated look on Aizawa's face was enough to make Katara know to keep silent, rubbing her hands together in concern. As the school day had crept by, Katara was already confused when Cementoss had left their class and told them to finish a packet of class work. She didn't care about the work she could barely understand, though, for the tension hanging in the air of the class itself was keeping her on edge. While most of her friends in class seemed alright, she could still feel there was a light uneasiness simply from the confusion. As soon as they had the chance, she wanted to have another talk with some of them specifically, especially Momo. Before she could however, their teacher had come in and summoned her to follow him, leading to where she was now.

After a minute or so, they reached the large doors leading to Nezu's office, quickly going inside and shutting the door behind them. When she entered, she noticed the small principal sitting at his desk alongside Toshinori and a large portion of the other staff all standing around the room. "What is this?"

"Good morning, Katara. I hope your day is going well so far." Nezu happily said.

"It's... going good." Katara hesitantly answered, looking around at all the staff inside the office with him. All Might, Midnight, Ectoplasm and present Mic were in appearance, along with Snipe sitting beside the window. "What's going on?"

Sighing, Aizawa walked forward and sat against Nezu's desk. "We have some serious things to discuss about you... or more specifically, your origins."

Katara felt her heart jump at the statement, especially after what she had just explained to all her classmates. "What about it?"

"How about some explaining to me, kid?"

The familiar voice to the side of the room made Katara's eyes widen in surprise, turning to the face she recognized. "Mirko?!"

The rabbit hero was sitting tucked against the corner of the room, just out of sight from Katara as she came inside. The white haired woman tapped her foot anxiously, with a smirk across her face. "Been a while since I saw you. How you feeling, water girl?"

"I... I'm fine..." Katara was at a loss of words just now, especially since Aizawa had just said what he did with her being there. She glanced over to her teacher and the others, their straight faces showing what she was thinking. "Does she...?"

"She isn't the only one now. And that is why we need to talk to you." Toshinori answered, rubbing his neck in worry about the situation they were in now. "There's been a situation thats come to light."

Mirko snickered and crossed her arms under her chest. "You've caused quite the stir since you got turned into a kebab in Mount Fuji." She laughed at the look Katara gave her at the comment, taking a breath before nodding. "Sleepy head over there gave me the rundown about you just before you came in, but I'd rather have a talk sometime to really get to know you, kid."

Aizawa grumbled at her nickname before sighing himself. "She grew curious after the raid on the hunters, and could tell something was different about you.''

While she was surprised, Katara almost wanted to start laughing at the odds of everything that had happened, especially with her friends. Huffing out, Katara looked back at the staff and shrugged. "Well, if it makes it any better... I went forward and told everyone in class as well."