Chapter 2 Village

The morning finally came.

I slept for a couple of hours before I departed.

During the night I tried to memories as much as I could from the book. Who knows, I might need to summon something one day.

If I want to kill the soldiers in that village, then the first thing I need to do is find where they are hiding. I also need to find food and better weapons. I could also use a good coffee...

I marched forward, trying not to make any noise, trying to lay low, from anything that wanted to eat me. Sometimes I heard sounds nearby or groining, forcing me to make great detours, trying to follow my instincts to evade danger.

When I received the notification about this contract, there was no specified location. So, there are two possibilities. One of them was that they just left me like this without any direction or I will find it by instinct. So, all I can do is go in a random direction and hope for the best.

Sigh, this is a hassle! But it is necessary.

I have no guarantee that I'm strong. From the ranking system in the book, my current rank is located at the second worst.

The book didn't mention anything about humans, so for now I will place them above me for safety measures. I need to be very careful, how I proceed.

I traveled for around 5 hours before I could see smoke in the distance.

"Smoke equals fire. Fire equals people. Or a monster that can make fire. Or even dragon... Please don't be a dragon."

I continued to go in that general direction while preparing myself. Two daggers in each sleeve, Book in the pocket closest to the chest, and bottles in the waist area. I didn't trust these vials, they can easily be poisonous, so till I verify it... Wait a sec, I'm dumb! All I need to do is capture an animal, make it drink and I'm set! But how can I be sure that it works on animals?

"If only I had a volunteer..."

"Raugh!"

Like it was waiting for the word, something small and angry jumped out from a nearby bush. It looked like a small old man with wrinkly green skin and horns. It was wearing animal hide as clothing and it was holding a tree log in its right hand.

" ... A goblin?"

Is this a goblin? The noob monster of all fantasy games?

I took out a knife from one of my sleeves and pointed at him. The cape was covering up my face, making my visibility very limited. If a fight would erupt, I could be in serious danger.

The creature looked at me and started to talk in a horsed voice.

"You are not human! What are you doing in my territory? Go away!"

It can talk. Well, that is convenient.

"I didn't want to trespass. I'm currently lost. May I know where can I find the nearest village?

The goblin scanned me to head to toe then he pointed somewhere.

"The nearest village is in that direction. I will follow you so that you can leave quickly." He pointed to his chest and continued." This one's name is Goblard.

"Nice to meet you, I'm... I can't remember..."

What is this? Why can't I remember my name? Now that I think about it, a lot of things are missing from my memories. I can't remember my family, nor my favorite food, or even some of my classmates.