Chapter 19. Plan

I am screwed!

"Get him!"

"Release Lady Saint!"

"Kill the bastard!"

I never thought that I will be chased by an angry mob in my life.

Priests, guards, adventurers, angry bystanders, everyone was running after me.

Things got more complicated with the unconscious young girl in my arms. It seemed like I just kidnaped someone's wife!

"Come on. Come on. I am too young to die again. I should have made a better escape route!"

MY original plan was that I will leave the scene of destruction with a carriage that I have sealed. I couldn't have known that the driver would be late resulting in my sad situation.

I took a turn in an alley and ran into a house with an open door.

The angry mob didn't seem to notice this, they run in front of it.

When they left, I let out the air that was trapped in my lungs.

Shit, why is everything so complicated?

I left the house and went to the nearest sewer entrance.

Damn it, I forget the scepter! It's too late to turn back, the place must be crawling with those guys.

When I lifted the metal cover and was about to dump the saint in it, the hairs on my back stood up.

"DIE!"

Narrowly I janked my head back, evading the blade that was on fire, that embedded itself in the ground.

Oh no...

It was Belda with her fire short sword, standing on a rooftop, with two other people.

"I got you now!"

"Can we talk about this?"

"NO!"

She landed on the ground smoothly and made a stab in the direction of my head again. This time I was too slow, and she managed to cut a part from my antenna.

"Hey, calm down, shorty!"

"What did you say to me?!" Her sword erupted in more flames.

"FFFUUUC-"

Boom!

This time her attack hit my left leg, severing it cleanly.

While falling, she took the Saint out of my hands, while kicking me so hard it broke off the front part of my mask.

Before I could retaliate a fricking arrow hit me in my shoulder.

Where did that come from?! That archer is dead!

"Telekinesis: Push!"

With my power I made myself go up into the air, then reding my next when a grave voice talked next to me.

"Binding Magic: Five Chains!"

Chains made out of energy wrapped around my body, slamming me back to the ground.

"Shit! Lesser Su-"

My casting was rendered short by the edge of the blade that was held at my throat.

"You lost. Give up or die."

"... I give up."

*****

Soon I found myself behind bars. They have even looked me up in some sort of metal coffin that only left my head exposed. While inside I tried several times, but this thing was blocking my magic, even my unique skill had difficulty to work, only allowing me to grow back my leg.