Chapter 3. The town

On the walls of ■■■■■:

A young soldier rushed next to his commander holding a telescope in his hand.

"Captain, you should see this!"

The soldier gave the telescope to his superior.

"I swear to god Jerry, if this is again a flock of birds I will-"

He looked in it and completely froze.

"What the hell is that?!"

What he saw was something that he couldn't even imagine in his wildest dreams.

A horde of monsters... coming in the direction of the city with great speed!

*****

Desmond POV:

"Go faster!"

"We are going as fast as we can!

"We are too slow; we need to throw something!"

"Never!"

"Then go faster!"

Damn, this old man is going to kill us!

We traveled for around a week tougher, exchanging information and stories. It was all and dandy until a huge group of monsters decided to chase us.

"The wall, we are almost there!"

He was right, before our eyes stood a snow-white wall, separating us from the town. In the distance, I could hear bells ringing, it was probably high noon or something.

A wolf that was faster than the other jumped straight into the carriage. Before it could do anything, I sliced its throat whit one of my knives. Another tried to do the same, but it was taken down by the carcass of the previous one and crushed by the other monsters behind him.

[20 EXP received]

[Due to [Harvest] you receive an additional 6 EXP]

[Your level increased to LV:6]

This isn't good, I'm starting to feel tired.

I already got rid of them by stabbing where I could reach or throwing things at them, of course, I didn't care about the old man's comments.

"We are almost there, don't let me down, kid!"

"Damn it, Gramps, when we survive this, I want some compensation!"

"HAHA, you are talking like a merchant!"

At the front, an orc, a big guy with a piggy head, grabbed a small monster next to him and threw it at use, redefining the meaning of "friendly fire".

I grabbed a wooden plank from a nearby box and swing it at the incoming screaming projectile.

Crack! Plash

A horrible cracking sound followed by a splashing sound when I hit it in the neck.

Ugh sorry!

[Alert! Holy magic detected!]

A horrible pain went through my body. Every part of me felt like being destroyed and reconstructed at the same time. I screamed while blood came out of my mouth. Then suddenly something hard pushed my back, sending me off the carriage.

"Kid!

He shouted but it was too late, I was already in the air and landed on the ground brutally. While I was it, my body started to twitch violently.

In my spasm, I rolled on my back and saw a giant chicken-like creature rushing in my direction.

Oh, God please don't let me die because of a giant chicken! It would totally destroy my self-esteem!