Volume 4 Chapter 7. Filling up the tank

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

"No! Please, no! Have mercy! Have meAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

I threw away the skin and bone bag which I turned him into and burped a little.

The floor of the shack I repossessed was littered with the remains of people I ' bumped into,' becoming my sustenance.

[8 days been added]

"This should make it 3 months. Enough time for me to fix myself."

I kicked aside the nearest pile of human remains.

There were so many, each of them coming from the slums, all of them useless and weak, only God for me to feast upon and gain power.

"But why aren't I gaining EXP?"

I looked at my hand and clashed it.

I have been killing humans for a week now, but I felt no change, not even a level up.

"Are humans so weak now, that I can no longer gain EXP from them? Or I am so damaged that I am unable to grow stronger."

'We should probably stop being humans and transform into ducks.'

"Not now Ducky, I am thinking."

I sat on a chair and looked into the darkness of a corner.

Things aren't all bad now. With so many bodies, I managed to increase the size my real body can take on. I could probably make avatars now if I wanted to... no, I don't want a repeat of what just happened. I am keeping myself together. Literally.

But I want to make sure that the people I will work with won't stab me in the back....

"Bah, I will deal with it when I get there.... deal with it... Shit, I am stupid!"

I jumped out of the chair and dashed out. looking for the first idiot I could find.

"Hey friend, do you have a penny?"

With the clothes I stole from one of the random victims, I got clothes better than you would see around here.

Brown pants that weren't tattered, good boots, a black coat with some fur on its sleeves.

It was understandable for this guy to see me as somebody who has money.

"Friend, I have a better proposition for you."

I slightly kneeled down, facing the man, only realizing that he was blind, a scar was running through his eyes, that looked quite infected.

"What would you say, to have a well-paying job? With warm food and good clothing."

The man smiled, showing me his yellow teeth.

"Friends look at me. I am blind. What use can you have with me?+

" True. A blind man isn't good for me. But a man who could tell that I was here, with money no less, that is someone who I need."

I slowly grabbed his hand and helped him stand up.

"If you may follow me, I can bring you to a warmer place, so that we can discuss your employment."

I led him to a back alley where there was no one and put him next to the wall.

"Before we make the contract, tell me more about yourselves. What did you do before we met? Who were you?"

The man looked down on the ground for a while before speaking.