Volume 4 Chapter 6. A familiar town

Discord:http://discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

On the walls of ■■■■■:

A young soldier rushed next to his commander holding a telescope in his hand.

"Captain, you should see this!"

The soldier gave the telescope to his superior.

"I swear to god Jerry, if this is again a flock of birds I will-

He looked in it and completely froze.

"What the hell is that?!"

What he saw was something that he couldn't even imagine in his wildest dreams.

A horde of monsters... coming in the direction of the city with great speed!

*****

"... I remember this."

Fragments of memories flashed through my mind, showing the exact scene underneath us.

A carriage moving on a top speed towards the exterior walls of a city, with an army of monsters running at them.

"Go faster... We are too slow; we need to throw something.... Then go faster."

'Who are you talking to?'

I flew closer to the ground, seeing better what was happening.

As the wave of monsters got closer, I saw someone fighting them off, throwing various objects at them.

"This... I remember this...."

Out of nowhere, I was hit by an invisible force making me fall to the ground, my body slowly turning back into a liquid.

"Shit' W-What was that?"

It wasn't just me, but the other monsters also fell to the ground, spasming as foam escaped from their mouths.

'It's as if somebody put a barrier.'

"Barrier...The wall... Bobble inside..."

Now completely transformed into a liquid, I flew closer to the walls of the town.

In the meantime, I saw knights rushing toward the monster killing them, while they were on the ground.

....Perfect.

I slithered one of the isolated ones and when the other wasn't looking, I acted.

I quickly reformed myself, and before he could shout in his surprise, I covered his mouth with my hand and pushed him to the ground.

"Don't fight. You may even like this. Not judging."

I leaned over his face and turned back into liquid, entering his body through his every orifice.

Once I was entirely in, I ate every little part of his body keeping only his skin and soul.

Feeling the warm orb of pure energy was comforting, even energizing.

[Soul decay has been pushed back by 10 days]

Ten days? I can lengthen my life by collecting souls? Why does it sound so familiar...

"Whatever, this isn't important. I have a city to explore."

I got on my feet, and I slowly walked to the city gate.

'I want to be a duck!'

"We are staying human."

Once at the gates, I passed next to the guards without a problem. The city itself had a medieval design with primitive people going by their primitive life.