Chapter 8. Game Start

"Book of Sins"

"IV. tome"

"Sloth"

"Great, makes me want to read it..."

I opened the book. The temperature in the room became colder, making me see my breath while the candlelight started to flicker, not that affected my sight, naturally, since I could see in the dark.

The pages were all yellow and dried up. On the pages, there were random letters everywhere written in red ink.

"Is this some sort of code?"

I started to read the first page.

The letters started to dance before my eyes forming words.

When my eye moved so did the words, giving me a three-dimension vibe.

The first page was a summary.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Book of Sins"

"IV. tome"

"Sloth"

Owner: ........

Page 2-5: Pre-word and warning.

Page 6- 30: Analysis and utilization of different energies.

Page31- 53: Why is holy magic is actually bad for your health?

Page 54- 72: Geography of the mind

Page 73-108: Skills names, their abilities, and how to easily learn them.

Page 109-153: List of monsters and their habitat that naturally uses slothfull powers (The animal called Sloth not included.)

Page 154 – Last words.

____________________________________________________________________________________

This isn't what I was waiting for. My money was on a grimoire filled with riddles and enigmas, but this is a textbook.

It even gives me the feeling of a textbook, I could feel my eyes getting heavy already! I hope it's interesting at least since it's about magic.

I flipped to the next page. It was empty with only some letters here and there.

I continued to flip the pages only to find the same thing till I reached the last page.

There the letters jumped together creating a short text.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

One last thing.

This book is dedicated to my old friend who went down the wrong path paying his sins in blood.

It's because of him that I write these words.

And to those who read this book, I hope they won't be consumed like me.

My name is ******

These are my teachings before I became like him...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The rest was illegible.

So, this is a journal doubled with a textbook?

I flipped back to the first page and I started to think. The part where the name of the owner should have been was empty. Maybe I should write my name since I was its new possessor.