Volume 3 Chapter 5 Blind Rage.

Flames. Screamers. Smoke. Broken mirrors.

These were my thoughts when I was taken to the hospital after the attack of monsters.

The entire neighborhood was locked down and the agents of the headquarters have searched the area for any more monsters, finding nothing, not even the slightest clue.

The monsters' corpses were collected and brought to a containment facility where they will be studied and healed if possible.

I was currently lying in the bad they provided to me. Or at least that's where my body was currently.

My mind was in a white space, sitting on y chair facing a mirror image of myself.

"Why did he didn't kill me?"

"I don't know. Maybe he is afraid that I will run away from him if he kills you."

My reflection, partner crossed his arms and looked away.

"I didn't expect him to make a trap like this. I believed with the small amount of mana in this world, he would be weakened a lot, but it seems like he bypassed that problem."

"By using innocent people as guinea pigs. How could you even work with a guy like that? What are you not telling me?"

Partner stayed silent before his contours started to change.

Soon a completely different person appeared was sitting before me.

It wore a white robe and pointy hat that reminded me of a witch from stories.

His head reminded me that of a skull belonging to that of a cat, with a purple light shining out from its sockets.

"My real name is Quartum, the fourth soul fragment of the Dealmaker."

His voice sounded super feminine to me which was uncomfortable.

"Fragment of the Dealmaker? Are you part of him or something?"

"...I think it will be easier to show you while I explain it."

The space around me changed, appearing in the middle of an old town. And I mean a town that looks like it came out from the middle ages. People walking around us wore very crude clothing some even had swords and bows with them.

Also, I noticed that amongst them, some had animal-like features or pointy ears.

"I don't know how long it was but there was a time when this world looked like this. The air was saturated with magic, and many different races lived together. Amongst them was a young demon called Desmond. Look."

Quartum pointed at the door of a nearby tavern.

From it, a man around my age came out. He wore a long brown coat and a hat that was mismatched with his blond hair and blue eyes.

the man looked around the street, before walking away, disappearing into the crowd.

"At that time he was nothing but a simple crossed roads demon, only able to make small deals with people. He only wanted to survive and live a peaceful life. But all changed when he found a book."

The scenery darkened showing only the man surrounded in a white light holding his head in agony.

"The book cracked his mind, making his through evil and twisted. He started to extort people, taking away their lives or used them for power. When people came to stop him, he engaged in a fight so brutal he almost died, burning his body to the point of almost becoming ash and he even was cursed that each day his body be burned in flames that slowly ate away his very soul."