Volume 3 Chapter 7. Divine Combat

„Kaboom!"

I love it when things explode!

I sat back on a chair that I just created as I watched the scene before me being completely shredded by the thousands of magical bullets that I have been shooting.

This is clearly going to do my day.

While shooting I noticed that I completely lost sight of that god.

"Well, that's why carpet bombing is invented. If you don't know where he is, just destroy the environment where he could be."

I snapped my fingers, manifesting several missile-like constructs with its tips glowing in different lights.

"Magic Rockets Prototype 01 to 06, launch!"

The rockets flew out up into the night sky.

When the fuel, gorgon venom mixed with oil, burned out, they fell onto the ground, exploding into huge domes of light, with a force so mighty it obliterated the trees while shaking the ground so much, one would think it will crack in two.

From the torrent of explosions, I could see him, running towards me, his entire body covered in white energy.

"One dead god ordered! Maddening Bullet Hell."

I continued shooting at him, laughing like a maniac.

"-Divine Arts:-"

He disappeared.

A second, he was in front of me, but I know he is nowhere to be seen.

"-Dimensional Leap & Punch!"

Behind!

I turned around too late, his fist collided with my chest like a cannonball, creating a huge crater on me.

In the shock I lost focus, making me shoot randomly, hitting almost everything even him in the shoulder.

We pushed ourselves away from each other, one bleeding from a small puncture wound and the other (me) bleeding heavily.

This was the first time I saw my own blood. Not that black, slime-like thing, but the golden liquid of the immortals.

"Man...You almost killed me."

Slowly, I reformed my body, healing my wound.

"You're one to talk."

The wound on his shoulder closed before my eyes, leaving no trace behind.

I coughed when I saw it, feeling a surge of emotions in my head.

"Oh, this is going to be FUN. How about we step on the notch a little."

I snapped my finger, Making the extra hands and guns disappear back in my coat.

"Let us see if my powers are good in a fight. Divine Madness Magic: Maddening Bullets."

From the tip of my fingertip, a tinny ball of dark purple energy manifested.

He tried to jump away from me, but I was faster this time.

The projectile, hit the dead center of his chest, leaving no mark on him.

"Ha, your puny attack won't work on the likes of...AAAAAhhhh!"

His gloating soon turned to screams as his eyes turned completely purple.

Maddening Bullet didn't attack the body, it influenced the mind, by showing a twisted version of the world to the one affected.