Chapter 10. Heroes Vs Demon

Trio POV:

They followed the arrow of Belda was levitating in the air. The thing only gave direction, so they sometimes reached dead ends or bumped into walls.

Maintaining this spell required a huge amount of concentration, so it was up to the two of them to guard her against bumping into things.

There was a point where they were too late and Belda pushed aside a little kid and continued walking without realizing it.

The arrow led them to the poor's district, precisely the worst part at the edge of the wall. Here lived the people whose life turned to the worst, forced to make their own houses from whatever scratch they could find. In this place, the law could not reach making it a hotbed for criminal activities. The habitant looked at the strangers with hungry eyes and without the arrow that was floating in front of them, a clear sign of magic they would have already jumped on them, taking away everything they owned.

Shortly, they arrived at an alley where the arrow suddenly fell on the ground, motionless.

"It's here."

"Ya sure?"

She nodded and put another arrow on her bow.

"What's the plan?"

Salma took out a staff that could fold into itself, a standard weapon of saints.

Josh took his sword and unsheltered it. It was made out of pure silver, reflecting the sunlight that touched it.

"First, we will fight it to have an idea about its strengths, then if we can't take it down now, we will flee, to prepare for another battle. Belda can you find it again right:"

"Definitely. Now that I have felt the real thing, I can track it to the end of the world."

"Perfect. Keep close and don't forget to not be rash, this is only the first match."

They nodded and took a formation.

Josh was at the front, Selma in the middle, and Belda in the back.

They went forward, readying themselves for the fight.

*****

They are here.

I was looking in front of me.

I was sitting on the chair facing the only way here. I was cross-legged and trying to make the most intimidating poses as I could.

Where I was right now is an open place, the size of a football field, located between the houses. The field could only be accessed by this particular alley, giving me a perfect advantage point.

I didn't dare to let them follow me to the safe house, who knows what might happen if I did.

When the specter told me that I was followed I made some preparation.

I sent away the carriage with the drugs to the safe house for later study, I choose a place with a perfect geographical advantage and I even prepared some tricks that will surely bring me victory.

I even changed my appearance. Right now, I had a beak that looked like the mask the pest doctors used, with black hair. I have no information that they know my true form, so I will play like this.

My plan was simple. I will talk to them while getting as much information as I can get, then if I can't reuse the situation by talking, I will use my preparations to escape. In the worst-case scenario, I'm prepared to fight with all my might, but I preferred to get out without any wounds.

From the alley, a group emerged. Two people and a boy. They were around my age. The boy looked ordinary, except for the silver sword that he had in hand, that let out an irritating light. The girl behind her wore the church's uniform, with a holy staff.