Volume 2. Chapter 4. Fight!

" Original Magic: Rain of Hundred Elements!"

From each of my hands, a different type of magic shout out.

The barrage of attacks reached the area where she studs, deforming the landscape completely.

When the sand steeled down where she was a second ago was now a crater.

"Ugh, I might have overdone it."

I used up a monstrous amount of mana making me feel dizzy.

I made a smaller body on top of this big one and disconnected from it. When I was done, I returned to my regular old, suited form, leaving behind a lot-handed carcass.

Yeeeah, I will deal with that later. Maybe use it as a reserve of materials for a project or maybe eat it. Is that cannibalism? Can I even eat this thing?

"Still, it's a shame that I was unable to capture her. It would have been useful to steal her technique of opening portals. Oh well, there must be more like her on the other side, I only need to find them and ask them."

Bam!

From under the sand, something resembling a huge drill emerged that turned into a pound of blood when there was no more sand on it. From there that annoying brat stepped out with a huge grin on her face.

"That was awesome! I have never seen anything so powerful! Do you have more? ~"

She opened her palm and the blood on the sand reformed into her weapon.

"...Do you even realize what is happening here?"

"Oh, course I do! I am in the middle of beating a monster into the service of my Goddess! Just imagine the size of the reward I will get when I take you and this place to her!"

"...You are mad."

"I am not! ~ I am determined! ~ "

"Believe me from experience, there is a thin line between the two. If not, I will free you from that burden. Spirit Weapon: Bayonet."

I materialized my knife then took on a fighting stance.

With my [Advanced Knife Combat] and my petrifying hand there was a chance that I could hold her off till my MP goes up a little so that I could finish this fight with a barrage of spells.

The brat kept on the eye contact with me for a while then using her weapon to push herself into the air she started to spin horizontally at a crazy speed.

"Soul Weapon Technique: Crimson Moon!"

I jumped aside from her attack then I stabbed her in the abdomen. Surprisingly some blood spread there just in time to block my blade.

Weird.

I moved aside from her next attack and took on the same combat stance.

"[Swift Step]"

Using my martial art, I shortened the distance between us in light speed then I stabbed in the direction of her face.

Again, her blood blocked the attack.

But I noticed. Something in her eye.

She attacked again and this time she managed to scratch my abdomen a little.

".... I see. Your power is not blood control. The blood itself is sentient, protecting you, and moving your body, like a puppet. Like a parasite."

She didn't answer but the wide smile on her face disappeared for a second, proving me right.