Volume 2. Chapter 6. The Elk

"Samurai-sama?"

What the frozen hell is he doing here? The last time I saw him, he was slowly petrifying as a grow-up man, in another world! How is he a disciple of this sect, and a high-grade cultivator to boot?

I leaned forward the microphone that hovered before my face.

"Well, isn't this a surprise? Weren't you dead, the last time I saw you? Also, a little bit more...grow up?"

The young samurai gave me a grin with his eyes full of hate.

"You are right. I died there. But I somehow reborn here, and I devoted myself to become stronger. It must be the gods will that we shall meet again after twenty years."

Twenty years? How is that- Right, magic stuff.

"Twenty years for you, friend. For me... maybe 4 months? I can still remember our first meeting. Ha, the memories..."

"Enough, demon! I have no idea how YOU managed to get into this world, but I will cut you out from it before you could spread your cancer any further!"

"Oh, yeah? Do you really think that I would come into this world without any preparation? I have hostages, bucket head! If you kill this girl, her soul will be sent directly into hell!"

This was a bluff obviously. If this guy is still as righteous as I remembered, then he wouldn't risk harming her. Damn, why did this happen when I woke up.

"...You know if this situation happened twenty years ago, I would have given up. But now things changed. I learned to manipulate the qi in others' bodies. I can easily cut you out from her. You have no leverage. "

"...Then you give me no choice. Kill him!"

I disconnected from Bei and started to scratch my head.

"I need a plan. And a damn good one."

*****

The blue flames in Yi Bei's eyes disappeared, allowing her to move as she wished.

"...This was... gross. I should ask my lord not to do this often." She reached to her face and took off her mask revealing the smile that it was hiding.

"Are you fine showing your face like that?"

"Are you worried about me... Samurai was it? Well, it those not matter if I am found out. We have already spread quite far in this sect ever since we discovered that our demons could reproduce by feeding them flesh. It is only a matter of time before we took over this sect." She snapped her fingers making her purple spear appear next to her. " Care for a second round?"

The ex-samurai unsheathed his sword then he covered it in white energy.

"Before we begin, I need to ask. What did he promise you?"

"Why?"

"I want to know what type of person you are."

There was a look of amazement on her face that soon turned into laughter.

"Hehehehehehahahahahahaha! You want to know who I am? What sort of question is this? Are you stupid?! Who cares about stuff like that in a battle? If you won't concentrate, then I will kill you! Spear Style: Pierce!"

She threw her weapon at the upper disciple this time with even more strengths.

"Hmmm, then I won't hold back. Qi Shield."

With his sword, he created a barrier of light that repealed the incoming weapon.

"Not bad! But how long can you defend that brat? Qi Blade!"