Volume 2 Chapter 20. High Society

„I won't allow it!"

The Goddess of Blood bashed the table with her fist. The man in the red suit sighed.

They were in a dark room sitting at a round table with several other people.

"Look, this has been going on for too long. Just get a new toy and forget about it. Or you are free to sulk in a corner."

The goddess said nothing, but her gaze was filled which could almost kill someone.

Lukas, cough before continuing.

"So, if there aren't anymore, complaints I will invite our dear deer Dealmaker, for tonight's feast."

*****

[You got a message!]

"What?"

It's been days since the accident with the humans. Since then I got off all of them and worked on my new world without stopping.

Turns out, building a world from nothing was quite a hard task. I had to set up gravity, the size of the planet the flora, and whatnots.

"At least this will give me a reason to take a break. Open message."

The screen widened, showing the full text.

[

Honorable Mister or Miss,

With the utmost honor, we would wish to invite Sir Melino, God of Madness, Antlered King, tonight's banket held in Hell at the 5th level of Greed.

The banket will start at 20:00:00 by living world time and will approximately last for 9 hours.

The banket will consist of 7 courses, containing material and in-material nourishment, like meat, vegetables, fruits, souls, thoughts, and emotions. If none of these is comestible for you, please bring your own meal with you.

The main event will be held at midnight.

You may bring with you two guards and a plus one.

With all respects.

King of Hell, Lucifer.

]

Lucifer....LUCIFER?! The devil!? King of hell and ruler of all demons?! What the hell did I do to be noticed by a big shot like him?! (Don't consider the Queen of gods as a big shot)

This is bad.

I was a demon once, which means he was technically my boss once. I evolved from that, but I am afraid that he might have some control over me.

Soon the screen shrunk displaying a new image.

[Will You accept the invitation? YES/NO]

"...I accept."

I have enough enemies already, there is no point in making even more. Plus, I might be able to make some useful allies.

The screen changed again, now displaying a timer.

[07:59:58]

*****

When the timer hit zero several people appeared in a magnifically decorated grate hall.

Each person wore a beautifully made dress, that dazzled in the light of the torches. Some even wore clothes that weren't even made from fabric, but from light, shadows, or even rocks.

Soon the heavy stone doors opened, allowing the people gathered here to go to the main area of the building.

This part was more beautiful.