Volume 4. Chapter 13. From the fire into the steam

Drawing created by NightingaleBlackhear, check out his works!

Check Patreon for more chapters: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

Discord: https://discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

Lightning flashed in the distance as the sound of crows could be heard in the distance.

In the pouring rain, several tombstones were visible in the space.

One of the crows lands on one of the tombstones and quickly flies away as a hand bursts out from the ground.

With a hissing noise, a man crawls out from the ground, covered in mud and dirt.

He wore black pants and a white shirt with a gas mask covering his face, from the visors a green light poured out from it. Tightly in his hands was a beaten-up laptop, with some cables hanging from it.

The man looked up to the sky and screamed.

"I AM ALIVE!"

The man shambles away into the distance, as another flash of lightning illuminates the environment, showing the writing on the tombstone.

HERE LIES BIOHAZZARD2021, MAY HE REST IN PEACE.

*****

I could taste the fear in the air. The terror of the samurai and now... Father Time.

A god, or even something even greater, was terrified of me. I could smell it.

Madness.

It was faint, but I could smell it.

Emanating from the old man, there was the madness caused by fear.

It was... salivating. The sweet smell of a mind going highwire from terror, nothing better to start an appetite.

"I have an offer for you, Father Time. Give me what I want and I promise, I and the girls won't put you in the ground."

The old man looked at me with a crossed brow.

"What do you want?"

"I am happy that you asked."

Using my powers, I created a black throne on which I sat down, while I also created two sets for the girls.

"I want you to change the timeline. I want you to put my mind and power into my old body."

"Hehehe, nice, nice, nice. Ask for more."

The barbarian woman, Lyssa, smiled as Maniae chuckled behind her veil.

"Put your mind and power into your old body. Are you seriously thinking that I can offer you something like that? You are insane!"

"Yes, that I know, but that isn't the point. The point is that I want a stable body, one that doesn't turn into a poodle of sludge when I am not concentrating."

"Even if I could do that, why would I help you? You are a criminal. an anomaly of reality."

"Why? Isn't it obvious, you are outnumbered? And I have the feeling that these two are itching for a fight, aren't you?"

"You know it!"

"I would love to be able to try these physical forms you gave us."

The two women looked at Time with eyes filled with a hunger for violence.