Volume 2. Chapter 16. Divinity.

„Where are they? They should have appeared by now."

Apollo and his guards were still surrounding the dome of energy. Most of the gods have already left, feeling bored or uninterested. The only ones that rested were Apollo, his band, Astera, and the goddess of contracts.

The artifact that he gave to the girl, was something that he only gave to heroes who faced strong enemies. With her power, she shouldn't have any problem with anything that a false god, would use.

"I just need to wait a little longer."

****

"See? I told you that challenging this guy would have ended up as a failure."

Lukas and the goddess of blood looked at the crystal ball that showed a ferocious fight between two women.

"What the hell is this thing? Did he actually have an apostle before he even became a god?"

"No, this is different. It looks like as if she and he fused together. He is probably using her as a conduit for his power. Smart. We need to be careful with this guy."

*****

"[Feline Step]!"

Wham!

Her speed was too slow, she was hit in the yaw by the monster tearing her head off, making her reappear a few meters away.

Damn, it, if not for the necklace, that would have done me.

The artifact that Apollo gave her had 3 functions. The first one was the laser beam that could cut through anything, but it had a recharge time of one hour.

Next was the blessing part, that could increase the special skill of the user by tenfold. Usually, she could use hers only nine times a day, but now she could do it 90 times.

She exhaled and concentrated.

"Cat Attack: Feline Assault."

She jumped in the air, trying to slice them apart, but while she was in midair Bei aimed her spear at her.

"To slow! Spear Technique: Pierce!"

"[Feline Body]!"

Twisting her body in midair she evaded the attack but, she still got hit in the arm with another one.

"Really, this is getting boring. Like you are not even trying! you just keep on dying and returning. Seriously try something else."

She put while spinning her spear in her hand.

"Fighting an immortal enemy is not fun at all! You just stay on the ground for once and let's be done with it. Spear Technique: Piercing Rain."

From the tip of her spear, several laser projectiles flew out, only to rain down on the earth.

The apostle was not quick enough she died and respawned several times, till the rain ended.

50 times.

She died 50 times. Only fourteen lives left.

She felt the knot in her heart forming, pressing against her chest.

"AAAAaaaahhh, BORING! You are boring! Hey, You, do something fun!"

The beast groaned and opened its mouth to the sky. Slowly a small black formed, that he expulsed into the sky. When it touched the barrier, it exploded in some sort of black water.

"Cat Attack: Kitten Paw!"

By using her remaining reserves of energy, she created something like a barrier made from compressed air. It did protect her from most of the black fluid, but one tiny drop landed on her left cheek.