Volume 2. Chapter 3. Up and down

My puppet in the jungle continued his journey, finding more and more corpses yet no weapons even with the signs of destruction all around.

Soon finally I found something alive. It was a pack of lizard-wolf-monkey things eating a poor bastard while letting out sounds similar to laughter.

"...Well it at least allows me to try out my newest skill. Spirit Weapon: Bayonet!"

The air at my puppet's chest started to faintly glow in a white light. Then from it, some particles of light escaped, forming something that looked like a knife. When the puppet took it, even I could feel the energy cursing through my body.

[Spirit weapon been formed.]

[Please name it]

"... Do I really need to name this thing? Well, I will do that when I am done with these guys."

Because it was fricking bright, the monsters noticed me. One of them jumped unto a tree and lashed itself from above while the other two came running at the ground.

Not hesitating, I made my avatar jump back before using telekinesis to push one away. Its power has been really weakened. Contrary to when I used it to flatten the guards, it only made them take a few steps backward.

"... Damn it. Light Magic: Light Arrows."

A series of small arrows flew out of my open hand. Fortunately for me, one of the beasts received it in its eye, making it fall onto the ground.

The two others didn't seem to be bothered much by it, they continued to come at me.

The one on the trees jumped at the same time when the one on the ground jumped at me.

"...Naïve."

Even from a distance, I could control the smallest cell in my puppet's body. With almost no effort I condensed some parts of its slimy body into rock-hard spikes.

The beasts who were unable to stop in their tracks rushed right into it, impaling themselves on it. The puppet didn't fell over, because of the spike that was embedded into the ground. Slowly it returned to its original form.

"... Nice. Then let's get rid of the last one..."

I looked around, but the last beast was already long gone leaving no trail behind.

"... Well, then I suppose I need to take care of you guys. But how do I do that... Oh, I know!

I made an incision on the neck of the two monsters making a pound of blood that made a reflection.

"Dealmaker. Dealmaker. Dealmaker."

And bam. A portal appeared before me! I severed the visual connection I had between the puppet and me and went through the portal, finding myself standing over the pool of blood. It was a pleasant feeling the wind on my skin and hearing the birds singing with my own ears.

"I am a bloody genius!"

I stepped out from the pool and I grabbed the two corpses.

"The contract is terminated."

Like before I became dust and reappeared at my throne with the corpses of the two beasts, which also started to become green gooey.

"I wonder if this only happens with the dead. The living might show a different reaction."

I let go of the two bodies that fell loudly onto the ground before turning into cylinders as well.

[2 beast avatars received.]