Volume 4 Chapter 2. Myself.

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

Ban Yei (Samurai) POV:

Slowly the barrier put on by the queen slowly disappeared, revealing the still fractured sky.

In the fracture, thousands of giant rocks were floating, with the planet nowhere to be seen.

"How many people died?"

"Don't know. Billions at least not counting plants and animals."

Lucifer walked next to me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"What? Do you think that's sad? Wait, just we calculate how many words got destroyed."

"...How can you be fine with this? Smiling as nothing happened."

"Well, call it business."

The devil let go of me and tighter his tie.

"Even if words got vaporized, most of the souls got saved and an extensive portion of them will be sent to yours truly. Even if this puts a hole in my long-term plans, I am happy for this short influx. I wonder if we have enough-"

Without thinking I hit the bastard in the face.

Some sort of barrier must have protected him, I could fall on impact all the bones and muscles in my arm, breaking and tearing.

"Sunofa..."

As I fought the pain, I saw that my own blood had taken on a goldish color as my broken limb repaired itself quickly.

Suddenly he grabbed me by my neck and made me look into his red eyes.

"This one is a freebie. The next one will cost you."

As he spoke his eyes changed for a second, becoming two red sons, burning the skin around them, showing the scorched black bones.

"Lucifer! That's enough!"

One of the gods, wearing gold armor, shining like sunlight, pushed him aside, letting the grip go of me.

"Damn it, Apollo. Shouldn't you be dead?"

"Shut up, sinner. This is all your fault. You had the chance to kill that monster and you didn't act."

"I admit, there was a time when I could do it. But I had a plan, so I didn't, and now I regret it. But at least I didn't get my ass handed over by him when he wasn't even a god."

I could feel the heat rising between the two of them as they faced each other.

"Okay, girls break it up. We have things to do here."

Several gods pulled them away from each other before they fought, letting the queen to speak.

"It's true that today we have lost many worlds. Even mine was affected. But we managed to save some of them and that's all that matters. While the cherubs assess the damage, I will send some of you to these worlds to guide the inhabitants. They must be shocked since such a catastrophe must have caused unimaginable damages."

"Why would we, the dark gods, follow you?"

"Simple, Lucifer. Your leader isn't present right now and you are far weaker than me. If you don't want to be thrown out into nothingness, you shut up and do what I say!"

The devil stayed quiet for a moment then he raised his hands, his still burning eyes returning to normal.

"Alright, Alright. I will play ball. For now."