Volume 2. Chapter 12. The Threat

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait. My exams are at the corner so I need to decrease the rate of updates to one per week. I hope you enjoy it. 

*

*

*

The attack was fast. Almost too fast for me to react.

In the last millisecond, I docked, feeling the wind pressure above my head.

Glancing back, I almost puked blood from the chock.

The walls of the church that was behind me were cut which were inches away from the bomb.

"Hey, watch it! If you damage it, this thing we go off!"

"Proetus."

He swung again, this time aiming at my feet.

"Specter Fire."

By using the fire ghosts that I prepared in advance, I set the whole area ablaze, with a snap of my finger.

"Order up! Finely carbonized hero ready to be served!"

From the flames, I could see a silhouette.

It was him, walking through the fire as if they were nothing.

Damn, this guy is something. It seems like I need to get my back into it.

"Spirit Heads."

I clapped my hands together as if I was praying. This served no purpose, it just made me look cool.

Around me, several ghostly faces appeared wailing in pain.

"Weeping Spirits Cry."

At my order, the phantoms started to scream in an ear-piercing frequency shattering the glass windows. The shockwave even affected the hero, who seemed troubled with moving, while his ears started to bleed.

Yeah, as I guessed, you might have thought body but, it's useless against something that attacks the mind. But this is still not enough.

I snapped my fingers calling four blue light particles to me.

"Back allay around five blocks away. There is a dumpster. Behind it is a big black bag. Bring it here."

the particles disappear, from my sight.

Good, they will bring it here in about a minute. I just need to hold on till its

"Proetus Ira."

The green flames, my green flames, suddenly got absorbed by that guy's sword.

"...Ok, that's pretty cool."

He swung it at me, creating a swirl of green energy in my direction.

"Phantom Shield."

By concentrating a huge number of ghosts into one position, building a wall made from energy, I managed to deflect the attack, but I sacrificed 20 of them.

Around 10 left. Need to play this well. I need to be careful and precise...OR I can finally blow some steam off.

"Die! Ghost Hands."

I sent my remaining ghosts at the hero, making sure that he couldn't move. it would be a shame if I missed this.

"Bye-Bye! Don't forget to rote! Telekinesis: Crush!"