Volume 3 Chapter 3. Dinner Plans

Soft music was played in the restaurant, which was paired with the sound of forks and knives hitting each other as people were eating.

They were all people who dressed in clothing that, if sold, could feed an entire country of starving children. They were drinking and eating, as if there was no tomorrow, emptying their plates one by one.

Yet they were crying.

Tears flowed from their eyes, while they showed the food down of their mouth.

Their food was actually not food.

It was money.

Gold coins, diamonds, crystals, paper money, any type of money, they were forced to eat it. Their glasses even had liquid metals in them, that didn't burn their insides when drunk.

This was the fate of the sinners of Gluttony. Forced to eat the money they spent on the food they eat in their life, always staying hungry and carving for something. The sinners of Greed also suffered. They were the servants, their bodies controlled like puppets, forced to bring money to the gluttons and forced to watch as they eat it.

"This is tasteless."

I stud in the middle of this heap of suffering completely disgusted. I admit I tortured people, experimented on them, hell I even admit that I ate them, but I always made sure that I will kill them afterward (least those who looked like were in pain). Call it the spark of humanity in my wretched soul fragment.

At least the air smelled good. After hundreds of years of being tortured like this, most of the people here went insane, making my stomach rumble a little.

One of the waiters came at me and bowed before me.

"Mr. Melino, we have expected you. Please follow me to your table."

I nodded and followed him.

my table was at the very back of the restaurant.

It was nice, fancy, it even had a rose in a vase and candles. It would even be romantic if there wasn't the moaning of the tortured around us.

I sat on my chair and opened the small booklet that was put on my plate.

It wasn't a menu.

"Sorry for being late. Things have become such a mess."

Lukas, the devil himself, sat before me, wearing his usual red suit. His face and cloth were dirtied by dust and what I could tell blood, but it didn't seem to bother him.

"No problem. I wasn't waiting for long."

Considering that I just arrived.

He nodded and snapped his fingers. Immediately, several waiters appeared each carrying a different type of food.

"Good evening gentlemen. Tonight, we have specially prepared plates that satisfy your culinary taste. For Mr. Lukas, we have prepared a special goat meat soup, followed by roasted goat ribs accompanied with fried potatoes, ending in an ice cream made from goat blood."

As he spoke, he put some of the dishes before Lukas, each looking quite appetizing.

"As for Mr. Melino, we have prepared a lovely goulash filled with orc meat and red-death pepper. This plate will be followed by a minotaur hamburger stake filled with mozzarella cheese, covered with a special sauce made from the madness of a desperate lover who killed herself, accompanied by stake-fries and some cursed salad. For dessert, we will serve a lovely cherry-chocolate cake with a side of peach ice cream."