Volume 4 Chapter 3. Separation.

Question: Is it time to change the cover of the book?

Discord:discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

*

*

"Be crushed!"

Increasing the pressure, I put on it, the monster fell back on his knees.

"We-We will not...not BOW!"

"Then freeze. Ice Magic: Ice Bolt!"

I felt the energy gathering in my hand, I felt reality bending to me.

But nothing happened.

No ice left my body.

"What?"

"I-Idiot."

The monster was now standing, the faces coming from its body were smiling evilly.

"We are memories. We are knowledge. We are power. Without us, you are nothing."

That hurt.

"Well, then I will crush you. Enjoy the second dimension."

"But we can use it! Ice Magic: Ice Bolt!"

From one of the mouths of the faces on its chest, a shard of glass flew out, hitting me in the guts.

If I were made from meat and bones, I would have surely died, but it just made a hole in my stomach, which quickly closed up.

Still, if that thing has hit me in the head, where I kept my soul fragment, things have turned out to be horrible.

I need to change my approach if I want to live this through.

Not giving me enough time to think, the mouths of the monster opened, gathering various magic attacks in them.

"Earth Magic: Soil Bolt."

"Water Magic: Aqua Jet."

"Fire Magic: Solar Flair."

"Wind Magic: Wind Slashes."

"Shit, Telekinesis: Push!"

This time, I used my power on myself, proposing into the air, avoiding the incoming attacks.

"Come back here!"

"I would rather not!"

I can't fight that thing without any preparations. I need some sort of weapon or monstr-

"Dimensional Martial Arts: Dimensional Punch."

From a suddenly appearing rift, the monster appeared over my head, its fist covered in energy.

"Fuck!"

I didn't have time to dodge, so I twisted my body to face it and raised my arms.

"DIE!"

I felt the fist colliding with my body, breaking whatever I had for bones, its force reaching my head with enough power to make my face shatter.

With the speed of a meteoroid, I crashed into the ground, spitting out a great amount of blood.

Crack.

"Oh, no, no, nononononon, NOT THIS!"

Piece by piece, my mask fell apart, showing the world my face.

"I need to make a new one! I need to-"

"We said die!"

From the sky, the monster fell on my back, breaking it into pieces.