Volume 2. Chapter 1. New opportunity

Josh Pow:

We are alive. I think.

Things have been happening so fast that making me unable to process them.

First, we were pushed away by that demon with the cape. We tried everything but its magic was too powerful and with that barrier and the recovery magic, it was practically invincible.

Then the monsters that it called out suddenly went loose, massacring everyone, leaving nothing intact in their path.

Even I and my comrades were swallowed by this torrent, making us fight for our dear life.

Then the sky split apart, revealing light of unfathomed power that fell upon this city.

Even we who were standing at the edge of the explosion could feel the heat combined with the holly element.

The monsters who were touched by the light burned to ashes leaving no trace. The lucky ones that somehow survived were mortally wounded and died shortly after.

"Prince... are you alright?" one of the knights asked.

"Y-Yeah... what about the others?

" I am sorry. We lost contact with the unit that was with them."

"Then send someone there! They can't be dead! Also, tell everyone to bring the wounded to the healer's tent."

"B-But the numbers-"

"Don't care, go!"

The knight quickly ran away.

Deep down I knew what he meant. With a swarm like this, there is no way that the number of wounded is low. With so many people there will be surely peoples who are going to die waiting for their turn to be healed, making the morel of soldiers even worse. It those not sound so important, but it might have huge repercussions in the future.

Damn it. I wasn1t prepared for this. That demon... Desmond, Dealmaker, The Beast. If only we had someone as strong as him among us.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"What?" I turned in the direction of the sound.

It came from the crash site.

A baby was crying there.

*****

[...]

[Summoning complete.]

[Body been deconstructed and sent to storage]

[Reconstructing body to marked location...]

[Alert!]

[Error occurred in reconstruction!]

[Alert!]

[Main personality has been disconnected from the body.]

[Calculating solution...]

[...Solution found!]

[Rewriting soul system]

[Dividing consciousness.]

[Sending individual Destin Torres to new location...]

*****

FFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKMMMEEEEEE....

I feel terrible. Everything hurts and I can't see a thing.

Am I finally dead? Did that thing hit me?

While pondering I could hear an unknown feminine voice.

[Welcome to our world.]

Ephah, what the hell is this?!