Volume 3 Chapter 6. Torn-up wounds.

"Momo...how are you? Did he..."

My old friend kept smiling at me gently, as she did in the old times.

My master let me go, making me fall to the ground.

"Don't be discouraged. That's only a memory-given life. She isn't real."

"That hurts my feelings! This old man feels quite real!"

The swordmaster sprinted at us; sword covered in dark purple energy. Master blocked the strike with his sword, but the strike was so strong, that it made him fly away a few meters, crashing ion t tumult of Dealmakers.

"This guy is mine. Go play with that girl."

The swordsman jumped after him, and before I could move a white kunai, fell next to my feet.

"Let them fight. Your teacher will surely win since this is the first time Dealmaker those something like this."

I looked at the girl who acted like my old friend.

"Are you really Momo?"

"I am... not sure. My last memory was when I was in your room, my head filled with voices and visions. It was horrible. I could feel my mind slowly slipping away from me, before founding myself in the mind of Dealmaker, stored away as if I was a book on a shelf, amongst hundreds of books. This is the first time he decided to let me out, probably because he believes you will not harm me."

She shook her head, still smiling.

"What a fool. He has my memories, yet he doesn't understand our relationship."

She lifted her hands up as if she wanted to embarrass me.

"Since you found me, I have always been a tool for your great design. You can do anything to me. my will always be yours."

"...I-I cannot."

Seeing her now, like this. It made me remember all the things I have done in my previous life. Only focused on preparing for the war which will happen in the future, I left my consciousness behind, my human emotions and standards, for the sake of the future. I took in kids from the streets, trained them, brainwashed them, so that they could become soldiers. Momo was one of those kids, ripped out from her life and turned into... this.

"I can't do it. I am sorry. I am so sorry."

Momo, put her hands down, with her disappearing from her face, replaced by a blank stare.

"You have changed. You became weak. You are not my master. "

Without any warning, she threw several kunai at me.

Easily I dodged the attacks, even catching one in midair, throwing it back to her.

In response, she also grabbed the knife and started to run towards me.

"Fight me!"

I grabbed my sword and with the sheet still on, I blocked her.

She was much faster than I remembered. Unnaturally so.

He probably enhanced their bodies too much with ours.

"Fight me seriously! Smoke!"

When she landed on the ground a smoke screen appeared around me blocking my view.

Right, I forgot. I trained her to become a kunoichi.

Smoke, hiding, even smoke skills that are called ninjutsu, I taught them to her.