Chapter 20. Things get real(ly bad)

"

Grave digger, grave digger

Bring me to my knee.

Forget what I have done,

Forgive me if you please,

Save me if you can.

The time for me has come,

Let me be the one that got away.

Grave digger, grave digger

Slowly fill my grave

Whisper to your God

Allow me to be saved.

Grave digger, grave digger

Pray for my lost soul,

Release me fro-"

'They are here, so stop singing. You booming everyone out."

I was sitting on a bench of a fountain in the middle of a square, singing a song that just popped into my head to pass the time. Around me was a pile of wounded people at my foot, a sign of what I have done. I didn't kill them, I only wounded them so much that they couldn't move.

Soon, the armored knights came into my view, tightly squished together, with their shields and lances pointed forward.

This wall of metal stopped a couple of meters away from me and opened up a small passage from where several figures came out.

They were the prince and his harem, Belda, and that knight girl, holding a shield that was bigger than her body.

People that I had some sort of connection with. If things would have happened differently then maybe... No, it is too late to cry about this. What is done is done.

"Desmond, give yourself up! You have no place to run."

Belda, as always you are too loud.

I touched my mask and made it disappear, feeling that I didn't need it for a while.

"... Sorry to disappoint you, but I will not give myself up." I raised my hands into the air channeling my magic at my fingertips. "Summoning Sign: Activate."

From my fingertips, multiple symbols came out, softly falling on the ground, in the middle of the bodies. From each symbol a huge summoning circle appeared, dissolving the bodies that were in it.

"Mass Sacrificial Summoning."

Yep, the first magic I ever used in my life. Using my preys as sacrifices allowed me to cast this spell without any mana consumption.

From these circles, monsters started to appear one after others taking a good part of the square.

The soldiers started to run around like headless chickens in the sight of the mass of monsters, yet the group of people who were standing at the front seemed unfazed.

Ha, at least they have balls.

"I have a proposition." I jumped on my feet, then cracked my fingers. "You and your extended harem against me. No help, mano a mano. What do you say? A clean fight to decide things once and for all."

I made an exaggerated gesture with my hands. The monsters behind me kneeled at the same time, making a tremendous sound.

The soldiers that have organized themselves now took a step back from the pressure caused by them.