chapter 3

I waited in the room, with only a small dress on. I waited. And waited.

When the door finally opened all the blood in my body drained. It was a short, fat, old, sweaty man and he had the most disgusting smile on his face. I immediately knew who it was. Fitzgerald. Panic rose in me.

"So this is her? The Dark Rose? How delicious." An unfamiliar voice said. His voice was low and filled with venom. It sent chills down my spine.

My name is Marian! I'm not a whore anymore. Robin, Little John, Will and Much..... they'll come. They always do. Safety. I'm safe.

Mr. Fitzgerald began to laugh. "You will be nothing but what you are now. I'm sorry dear but no one is coming." He began to laugh and left me and the strange man alone.

I wanted to scream and cry. Yell or move but my body refused to listen to me. I could hear him moving closer. And the closer he got, the stronger my fear grew.

Robin.

The strange man was only two steps away.

Robin!

One step away.

ROBIN!

The strange man was now in front of me. I could feel my body wanting to recoil as his hand began to stroke my cheek and a cruel smile graced his lips. I wanted to throw up.

Your with Robin, Much, John, and Will. Safety. You are safe.

Just keep repeating.......

just keep repeating..............

"Little one." He said in a whisper. His voice was low and smooth.

"Mary. My dear, open your eyes." This wasn't the strange man's voice.

"Little one." I heard a voice calling out to me. I could feel two hands grasping my shoulder.

"Little one, wake up." That voice. Who does it belong to?

"Mary." It was Robin. My eyes shot open and my breathing was erratic and harsh. I felt sweaty and gross. And I felt the need to throw up but I pushed it down.

"Your alright, Marian. Your alright." He said as he began to climb in my sweaty bed with me. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, rocked me back and forth and whispered "you okay" or "I'm here" in my ear. His arms were above my chest and on my stomach. And I clung to his arms tightly. He began to do breaths and repeated my mantra with me.

"She's alright,Will. Go downstairs and tell them she's okay and head back to sleep. I got her." He said. I looked over at my door and noticed a figure standing there. Though I could barely see, I could tell it was Will.

He began to shut the door and made his way down stairs.

Did I scream in my sleep? I woke them up? Not again. I sank into Robin further. And he held me tighter in return. Me and Rob stayed like that for awhile. He kissed the top of my head. "You feeling better?" He asked.

I shook my head no.

He squeezed me tighter. He was warm and gentle. It was like we were in our own world. "It's been awhile since you had a nightmare like this. Do you think todays events triggered it?" He asked.

I wasn't sure but it was a possibility. I just nodded my head yes. "We'll be more careful in the future, yeah?" He said and held me closer. When he squeezed me tighter I was deathly aware of the fact that all I was wearing was my night gown, and his arms were extremely close to my breast. But I was too comfortable in his arms to say anything, so I said nothing.