chapter 52

Without a second thought, I ripped the head of the arrow off, dropped Guy, and turned toward the assailant. As of on instinct, my arm slung out and I could feel the edge of the arrow cut his throat. The sound of his gargles filled my ears and I could feel my knees go weak. Before I could drop to my knees, Marian was by my side with a worried look on her face.

"Take Guy and go to the secret exit nearest us. You know where they all are right? Guy knows the ones we can't go to. He'll tell you which one and take him there and he will take you to John and Much. Make sure they are ready to leave." I said as I passed Guy to her.

"Come with us. You won't be much help with those injuries dear." She said.

"This isn't a request." I said. Using her words against her. "Now go. If you see anyone as a threat. Kill them." I said and pushed her to go. Once I saw her turn her back wiqth Guy in her grasp, I made my way to my doom. I looked over to Robin and my tormentor and saw the Robin had the upper hand. He was badly beaten and bloody but he had the upper hand.

My eyes moved to the man blow him and he wasn't fighting back, but there was a wild smile on his face. Why was he smiling?

Then I saw it. His hand. His hand began to signal at something. I lifted my head and saw an archer getting ready to fire. I could hear the clashing of metals around me but I ignored it: Before the new rush of guards could get closer I took in a deep breathe and yelled, "Stop!"

Robins fist stopped in mid air and the demons smile became even wider. He knew what I was about to do.

"R-Robin stop. G-get off of him." I said. "He has Archers in the shadows and Will and I are only two people." I thank god that my stuttering is wasn't making an appearance.

"You heard the lady. Off you go, or I'll signal my men to put and arrow between you eyes and your man over there." He said with a bloody smile.

Robins eyes met mine and I could see the hesitation in his eyes. I gave him a reassuring nod. All will be well soon. He began to stand and as soon as he did a handful of guards grabbed him by his arms and forced him to the ground.

The guards soon grabbed me a and Will and sat us next to Robin. I made sure to avoid eye contact with the boys and kept them on the devil in front of me.

I have never seen his face so clearly before. His eyes were blue and yet I can honestly say I have never seen more darkness in someone's eyes than I see in his.

He reached out his hand and it took all my focus and will power to flinch away from his touch. His fingers ran my bleeding throat. "This'll leave a nasty scar." He said to himself.

I could hear the growling and shuffling next to me, but I ignored them both. "If you, s-safely, let them g-go. I will s-stay." I said numbly. His hand paused on my collarbone, and his vicious smile grew wider. His hand went to the bonnet that tightly kept my hair hidden, and he pulled it off, letting my breaded hair fall on my shoulder.

He gripped the braid inc one hand and gripped one of my hands in his. He pulled me close as he slid my hand down his length. He was hard.

"I am going to make you suffer my trinket." He whispered. He slammed his lips down to mine and I just stayed still. Give him nothing.

A laugh erupted from him. "I'm gonna enjoy making you scream." He said.

"Let her go, you disgusting bastard!" Robin said.

I ignored him. I tilted slightly, and my eyes landed in Will. This was the first ever time I saw real fear in my brothers eyes. Because he knew what this meant. He knew what he needed to do. The mission came first. And he was terrified to leave me, but he had to.

"L-let them-m all g-go, and I'll s-stay." I said again, but I was looking directly at Will this time. He nodded, but Robins voice cut us out of our silent conversation.

"She's not yours!" He thrashed against the men that held him to the ground. "I'm so sorry, M. We can talk about this when we get home, but you can't go. We can get out of this." His voice broke and his eyes were filled with unshed tears.

I couldnt help but laugh. He saying we can get out of this while he's struggling against the guards who are holding him down.

"Knock him out. He w-will make I-it hard for everyone t-to l-leave this area s-safely." I said out loud.

A snap came from the demon and one of the guards walked over and punched Robin clean out. But before he was knocked unconscious I could hear and feel every ounce of pain in him.

The demon shooed the guards away and Will and Robin were left kneeling in front of us.

I tried to turn in his grip a bit more but he pulled. It hurt like hell but I was able to hide the wince. He pulled me so that were face to face again.

"Can I say goodbye?" I asked.

He looked at me for a moment, and I could see a glint in his eyes. I knew what that glint was. It was excitement. "If you let one of those unshed tears fall from those wet eyes, ill even have one of my me help them out of here." He said with a wicked smile.

I hadn't even realized my eyes were watery, but I could now feel the stinging behind my eyes. I wanted to cry so bad. I wanted to let the tears flow. "That won't be n-necessary." I said, and I could hear my voice crack. I could feel a small drop leave my eyes and I watched as he healed at it as it trailed down my face. He caught it at the edge of my chin and brought it to his lips.

"So sweet." He said. He let go of my hair abruptly. "Make it quick." He said.

I ran to Will and wrapped my arms around him.

"I don't wanna go. I know i have to but i really don't want to. I'm sorry. You know I love you. Your name is just that. A name. I love you. And only you. You must promise to fight and come back to us, because we will be fighting to get you back." He said as he whispered into my shoulder.

I held him tight against me. "I will try. But right now, I can't do that because there are way to many risks, this is the safest way to get the majority out. Besides, I'm not gonna stay here forever, just til I know your all safe."

His arms tightened around me. "We are going to the valley across the river where we use to wash up. There is a cave that is well hidden from the eye it is near them place we hide the emergency goods." He said.

"If I'm not back by sometime tonight, or tomorrow morning. You need to leave." I said.

I wasn't lying when I said as soon as I knew they were safe I was going to try to escape, but the likely hood of that being a success is low. But goddamit imma try. But if I couldn't make it out after the first twenty four hours, there was no reason for me to ask them to wait. They meant I was probably dead or close to it.

He stiffen but I felt him nod. A harsh grip pulled me up and away from Will. And I tried so very hard to ignore the pain in my head and in my body. The guard was holding the arm that was shot by an arrows with an iron grip, and it didn't necessarily help with the discomfort.

"Come in the you bloody bastard, get your leader and get out, before I change my mind." The demon said.

Will grabbed ahold of an unconscious Robin and struggled to his feet. I wanted to give Robin one last kiss, but if I did I wouldn't be bangle to let go. And that would kill us all, so I kept my eyes on Will, and watched as he began to walk toward where Mary and Guy walked out.

Before he turned the corner, Will looked back at me and gave me a look that filled my hollow heart with a bit of determination. His eyes begged me to come back, and I will do everything in my power to do so, or I will die trying.