chapter 30

He was still standing by the door, though now it was shut. He seemed mad, sad and lost all at once.

"Robin?" I called to him. He looked at me and his eyes seemed so empty.

"Why did you go the tavern by yourself?" Was the first thing he said.

I couldn't help but be a little hurt. He could've asked me of I was okay first at the very least.

"I wanted a drink." I said honestly. He chuckled, but it was a dark and non humorous chuckle.

"So you risked your life for a drink? We had some at home for Christ sake!" His voice rose from a whisper to a yell. I flinched at his tone.

"I didnt think I was welcomed at that moment." I murmured.

He shot me a cold look and stared back unflinchingly.

"You could've stayed at the tavern. Instead, you walked around in the dead of night, completely drunk by yourself? Out of all the stupid things you've done, this has had to be the dumbest." He said. He began to move closer with each word.

"You could've died, Marian!" He yelled.

My head hung low. "I know." I said.

"Do you? Look at you. And I bet you looked a lot worst when you first got here. When you didn't come, I was terrified that you'd left. I though that I.....pushed you too far. Then when I go looking for you the info I get is associated with you and some victims of a knife fight. I thought you were dead. But one of the boys told me you ran away from the scene. The only place I could think  was Friar. And when I opened that door and Friar covered in blood and tears in his eyes. My heart nearly gave out."

He was in front of me now. He grasped my face between his hands forcing me to look at him. "What happened!?" He asked.

"One of the guys was the coachman from our last loot. The one that caught me off guard. He wanted revenge. So I defended myself." I said.

His eyes narrowed. "Your lying." He said his hands began to squeeze a little harder.

"No I'm not." It was the truth....sort of.

"No your not. Or at least not the full truth." He said. "What happened, Marian?"

"It doesn't involve you or the boys. It's about me and me only. So let it go." I said tugging my head out of his grasp.

His arms fell at his side. "Your not gonna tell me?" He said annoyed.

"You have your secrets, I have mine." I said.He just stared at me.

Welp he's already pissed, might as well tell him now. "Robin. I'm thinking about leaving." I said. He took a few steps back as it I hit him. His mouth kept opening and closed like he wanted to say something but couldn't find the words.

"Robin?" I called to him. One of his hands went to the bridge of his nose and began to massage it. His eyes were shut and he took in a heavy breath like he wanted to say something.

"Is this because of......of what I said?" He said lowly. I stayed quiet and avoided eye contact. "I didn't mean for it to come off cruel. I was just frustrated and let my emotions get the best of me."

He walked over to me and got down his knees next to my bed. He grabbed my hands. He looked up at me and stared deep in my eyes. "Mary, I love you. Just not in that way. You are our family. We fight. We argue. But we love you all the same. I know lately that I've been a bit much and I haven't been thinking straight. But one thing I know for sure is that we need you. I need you." He said.

Everything he said made my heart break and jump for joy all at once, but I still had to leave wether he liked it or not. I took in a breath. "I'm gonna leave after we finish the mission. Once we make it back to the other hideout, I'm planning on leaving. I'd appreciate it, if you kept it from the boys til after the mission. I don't want to start anymore fights so close to the missions date." I said coldly.