chapter 28

"Ah. Seems you remembered me. You know when I first woke up from that punch, I didn't remember a thing." He said. He began to trail his hand down my chest and he ripped my cloak off. "Then my mistress told me everything that transpired, and she told me how I was knocked out by a lad." He then began to rip open my shirt. He scowled. My wrap.

I began to flail my body even harder and one of my hands escaped his grasp, he quickly reclaimed. "For that whole day, something was nagging at my mind. And I just couldn't figure it out. Then that same day I met a very powerful man, he said he had lost a girl. People called her the Dark Rose. But he always called her The girl with the Crimson hair." My body froze and my blood instantly went cold. I hadn't heard that name I forever. The only person that ever called me that was him. The man that haunt my nightmares. No. The man that haunts my memories.

He was actually looking for me? Why? He would always tell me I was nothing, that I was worthless. But now he's looking for me.

"Then it all came back. How it wasn't a boy who knocked me out but a red headed las. Because of you, my mistress saw me as unfit due to the fact I was so easily knocked out by someone half my size. I lost my job because of you. You little bitch." He struck me again but this time with a closed fist. My head swam and I was fighting my best not to loose consciousness.

"When I told him what I knew, he was ecstatic. He said all I needed to do was to bring you back to him alive, and he'd give me a kings ransom worth of loot. I won't even need to find another job. Hell since you were already a whore, I bet you wouldn't mind giving me another award of your own, ain't that right men!?" He yelled.

The mantra......No....NO! We can do this without Robin. I am my safety. I am strong. Just focus Marian.

The men around him cackled a yes. He bang to chuckle to himself. I took the opportunity to spit in his face. He was frozen with shock. "So sad that you need this many men to take down little ole me." I said provokingly. He seemed like the type to loose focus once he was too angry and even in this state I could take him if he's off guard.

However the other men. I'm not sure. But I need to focus on getting free of him.

He grabbed me by my chin and forcibly kissed me. I almost threw of at his touch. His lips were dry and unpleasant and he reeked of alcohol and dirt. He pulled away and positioned himself so that I could feel his hard on against my stomach. He grabbed a knife out thin air and glided it down wraps with a disgusting smile. He leaned down and began to whisper in my ear, "I'm goin to enjoy making you feel useless."

He began to pull away again and took the opportunity to head but the shit out of him. His hand let go of mine and the knife and went to hold his head. Before his men could react, I grabbed the knife and stabbed his arm and his leg and one to the stomach and pushed him off me. Two of his men went to help and the other three began to surround me.

"Kill the bitch!" Yelled the coachman, as the other guys tried to stop his bleeding.

One of his men took a step toward me and I took a swipe cutting off one of his fingers. He fell down cradling his hand. Another tackled me to the ground and instantly began stabbing him in the back. His hold went loose and i through him to the side. The last guy had took advantage of my vulnerability and stomped on my stomach with full strength. My grip on the knife loosened.

The pain was excruciating. I could feel my back and my stomach meeting the middle of my body. He then took the opportunity to kick me in my face. I let gif the life and he grabbed it for himself. My head throbbed like a mother, and I was so close to loosing consciousness, but then he grabbed me by my head and brought my face to his. He was squatting in front of me and brought the knife to my face.

"I'm gonna make you pay for what you did my brother, bitch!" He said. He began to cut my neck slowly, but I could barely feel. My body was so much pain that it was numb. That give me an idea. It's stupid, and might kill me but it's better than nothing.

Idiot. "You got a wife?" I gurgled out. I hadn't even realized my mouth was filled with blood.

He smirked. "Though it not your business, yes I do."

I smiled my bloody smile. "Tell her I'm sorry." I turned my head toward the hand he was cutting me with and bit his hand so hard that I bit off a chunk, and when he dropped the knife I stabbed him in his crotch. He fell back speechless. And I began to stand up.

I held my neck and I could feel the bleeding, it wasn't as bad as I though it would be, but I was still loosing along of blood. I looked over at the other two men that was left. My vision was even blurrier than before, and my head was throbbing even more. I touched my head lightly and felt something wet. Blood.

"Shit." I said. I looked at the men again and squinted, they weren't men, they were boys. Terrified boys. The looked at each other not sure what to do.

"You can try you luck with me, and though I may look weak, I could easily kill the both of you. Or one of you can go four doors down call the tow doctor and tell them M sent you to get help. You say nothing else about what happened here. If you do, they will tell me and I will kill you. Your choice."I said trying my best to sound as intimidating as possible even in this horrid state.

They boys nodded and one of them began to make there way to the towns doctor. "Good choice." I said and began to walk away.

"I'm sorry!" The boy left behind yelled. I stopped the sound of his voice. "We're just...we're just tryna feed our families. I didn't know they were gonna take it this far." He said. I just nodded and began to walk away as fast as I could.

I limped my way all the way to Friar church. I bang on the doors several times. As hard as I possibly could. Every ounce of my body ached with a burning passion. And with every second that went by I prayed that he would answer the door.

"I'm coming!" He yelled and relief crashed through me. My knees began to wobble and my body felt heavy. When he opens the door, I smiled. "Hey, Friar. Mind if I stay for a few nights." I said with blood gurgling out of my mouth. I could feel my hands pressure on my neck loosening up. I'm not gonna hold out any longer.

The alarm on his face was none like I've ever seen. "Jesus fucking Christ, Marian! The boys have looking for you all day. What happened to you, little mouse?" He reached out his arms to me. And that's when my body finally gave out. I collapsed in his arm and my hand fell from my neck and his quickly replaced it. I could hear him calling my name but all I said was, "Don't tell them I'm here yet."

And darkness enveloped me completely. Hopefully, I don't die.