chapter 8

I am not an unreasonable person. I am not cruel. I am not evil. I would do any and everything for these men. So why didn't they tell me?

Robin has a fiancé. He is to be married. Then why does he flirt with so many women? Does he not love her? That's not true, the look of terror that was on his face could only be for a loved one and it clearly wasn't for me.
So does that mean she doesn't love him? But who doesn't love Robin. I mean he's kind, charming, sweet, funny, handsome. Any woman would be happy to be his wife.

I wonder what she looks like. Probably the exact opposite of me. Though I know I am beautiful, I know that I am not all mens type. She's probably so gorgeous that she makes the birds sing. Especially, if she made Robin fall for her.

Is this what envy feels like? Am I envious of Robin's fiancé? But for that to happen that would mean that I would like him? Do I like him? Do I like Robin Hood?

"Aasahhahahavd!" I stopped walking and started screaming, punching, and kicking, the nearest tree to me. Hoping I let out all my anger and frustration out on the tree.

"Mary!" Much screamed. He approached me with a lantern in his hand and I could see the worry on his face.
"What happened are you ok?"

I ignored him as I focused on catching my breathe.

When I didn't respond he came closer and brought the lantern closer to me and began to look me over. "Jesus, look at your hands." He said.

I looked down and moved them closer to the light and saw the scrapes, scratches, and blood all over them. I looked at my hand and cursed to myself. That was stupid.

"We're almost home. I'll bandage you up." He said.

I shook my head. "I want to go for a swim." I just wanted a swim. There was a lake near by that I loved to swim in. Will taught me how to swim and John showed me the way to the lake. Ever since then, if I wasn't clearing my thoughts in the opening, I was clearing them swimming in the lake.

"If you don't clean these now they can get infected. And besides, it's way to dark. You can go first thing in the morning. Okay?"

I looked at him. He seemed stress as it is. And I was acting like a child. I sucked in all my anxiety, stress and frustration, and pushed it down. I gave him a stiff nod. So we made our way home.

When we arrived, Much grabbed me by my arm, pulled me inside and forced me to sit down at the table. "Stay here, while I get some stuff to clean and wrap your hands." I just nodded in response.

"So what had you running out the club like a angry bear? Your stutter was gone when we entered the tavern, but it came back when the boys moved over to you and Guy. What he say to you that made you that upset?" He asked as he rumble through some stuff on the other side of the room.

I was reluctant at first but this was Much. Much always found it hat to lie to me. Though he never told me about the fiancé, if I would as him directly he would tell me. "Robin?" I said hesitantly.

"Yes? What about him?" He asked

"He has a fiancé?" I said in a whisper but I knew could hear it.

His body went stiff and slowly made his way to me.

I watched him as he sat down in front of me. He grabbed one of my hand and began to clean and bandage it.

"Yeah it's true. But he doesn't really like talking about her." He said.

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" I asked. His eyes went to mine.

"Whatever your thinking, stop. It's not that he doesn't trust your anything. He just doesn't like talking about her, so we don't bring her up." He said sternly. Though Much was a relativity playful and immature kid, he had his moments where he seemed older and wiser than all of us. His attention went back to my hands.