chapter 61

Robin

Much slept next to her on the bed. He was careful not sleep too close to her so he didn't accidentally bump her while he slept. Will slept in a chair right next to the door and John slept in a chair at the foot of her bed. I sat next to her. My eyes trailed over her body.

There were so many cuts on her but there were four specific ones that would give me nightmares. There was one cut that started from the top of her right shoulder to the her left hip. Two deep ones in her inner thighs. The there was her neck wound, he was not the one he cut her but he made it much worse. Friar said when the sheriff strangled her the first time it hurt her but it didn't effect anything long term but whatever happened after that has. If she woke up, she may never speak again.

The right side of her face was wrapped with medicine wraps. It was so swollen. And there was a pretty bad cut above her eyebrow that will become a scar as well. Her back was much worse. It was like he an artist who wanted to wreak havoc on a canvas.

"M. If you wake up. I'll do any and everything for you to forgive me. I swear it. Just open your eyes." I begged.

Nothing.

"Please....." I said.

I could feel the tears falling from my eyes. I got up from my chair and put my forehead against the uninjured side of her head. "We will go find a new place for us to live. If you want to stop the stealing, we can. I'm sure the men would be fine with it. And if not it can just be us. I'll build a whole new house. We'll go find a place just like our old place but better, even if I have to ask god to make it. So just wake up." I've never groveled before, but for her I would.

A sudden sound of a gross had me bolting up. Her face was scrunched up in pain and a small sound was leaving her lips.

"M?" I whispered.

Her one good eye began to open up slowly. She blinked a few times, and looked over at Much. A small gasp left her lips. She tried to reach for him but harsh breath left her. Her eyes welled up with tears and she slowly began to contain herself. I was so shock with he being awake I hadn't moved.

Her eye moved around the room before they set on me and it widened with shock. After the shock wore off there were a variety of emotions coming across her face. Regret, anger, hate, happiness, relief, love, devotion, heartbreak, and the one that cut the deepest....betrayal.

Her face became passive. Every emotion I saw earlier disappeared and was replaced with indifference.

Before I knew what I was doing, I was moving closer to her. I sat back down in the chair next to her bedside and I grabbed the only uninjured part of her body, her hand.

"M?" I called to her. Her gaze sharpened.

"You don't have to forgive me. I know I-"

"We." Said a voice from behind me. Will has woke up and was making his way to us.

"We messed up. All of us. Not just Robin." He said

"Your awake? Your awake!? JOHN WAKE UP! She's awake! Get Friar!" Yelled a now wide eyed Much. John jolted awake and when his eyes landed on M a wide smile came across his face.

"Oh my sweeting. I'm glad you made it back." He said with a smile.

"Go get Friar! Now!" Yelled Much. John ran to the door and yelled for Friar to come here. We made room for Friar once he made his way into the room. I moved away from the bedside chair to make room for him.

He began to examine her from top to bottom and it took everything in me not to kick him. She winced at every touch. She had this permanent look do agony on her face. Probably from the broken ribs. She looked like it was hurting to breathe.

Once he was done he reached out one of his hands and stroked her hair. "I believe we all owe you an apology. We never meant to hurt you. We love you. No matter what name you carry you will always be the daughter I never had." Her eyes began to water but she didn't let a year slip.

"You were never a replacement M. You are our sister." Said John.

A small smile graced her lips followed by a light wince.

"You shouldn't move any of your muscles too much. You need to take everything slow. Ok? Blink once for yes and twice for no." Friar said.

She looked confused and then she opened her mouth to say something.

.........nothing came out.

Friar was right. She couldn't speak.

Panic laced her face. Hoarse sounds began to leave her as she tried desperately to say something. She clutched at her throat and I could see the terror in her eyes. Her eyes fell on everyone in the room with a pleading expression.

"Look at me. Look at me love." Said Friar.

Her frantic eyes landed on Friar. The more she moved the more her wounds began to leak. "Friar she's beginning to bleed through her bandages." John said.

"I know." Friars said as he tried to calm her down.

"Should we hold her down to stop her moving?" Asked Much.

"No, that'll cause more damage." Said Will.

"What if-" before John could say anything, Friar rushed out a harsh and angry, "Silence! Leave now. I need her calm, and all your doing is making it worse. I know your trying to help but I need her to focus on one thing to calm her down. I'll come get you once she is calmed." He said.

We nodded and as we made our way to the out of the room, I watch as Friar comforted and calmed her. She cried in his arms as he explained what was happening to her. Her cries were silent. Nothing came out.

Friar looked back and gave me a warning look. "Robin, you too. Out." He said sternly. And I shut the door behind me.

I pressed my back against the door and slumped to the ground. Me and my men sunk down on either side of me. We sat at the entrance to Ms room and silence.

"What are we gonna do now?" Asked Much.

........for once I had no clue.

I leaned my head back against the door and shut my eyes as I let the last few months play in my head. I could pin point the exact moment everything went wrong. When I let Guy back into the camp. And when I let a weird since of obligation toward Lady Marian guide my decision. And because of that the woman I love is bedridden and mute.

"I don't know, Much. I don't know."

The End

M, Robin, and the Merry Men will return..........