Prologue

I never had a home. A thing I can never have or ever will have. Ever since i was young ive been passed around from owner to owner. If i ever did have a home, i dont remember it. In the eyes of men, i wasnt a person, i was an object. Something they could use, whether it was for entertainment, or pleasure. For a long time, I hated the way i looked. My dark skin and my red hair were the reasons i was treated the way i was treated.

There were other people with skin like mine, dark and different. However, none of them had my freckles, none of the had my hair. None of them looked like me. And as all my owner says, I'm one of a kind.

At first, all they wanted was for me to dance and sing but as i got older they wanted more mature actions. I went from being a dancer to a whore over night.

My owner at the time, Mr. Fitzgerald, was a wretched man. Smelled like manure, barely had his teeth and was the size of a pig. He owned several other women however none of them looked like me. He would always say that I was his ticket to the 'good life'. However, this life is no life for a women. We all hated it here. We were all a little dead inside. We wanted to be free, but where else would we go. We were trapped in an endless cycle of torment. This was our hell.

There was no one for us to turn to. No where else for us to go.

Or so we thought, until he showed up. I did not know his name yet but some how I knew he was a great man. He was tall, with beautiful blue eyes, with stubble on his chin and lip. His brown hair was a little longer than most men but not too long that it made him look feminine. He looked nothing like the men who would come through here. Those men were sloppy and always seemed unclean. They had no sense of righteousness, they were all just sinister. However, this man held himself with such regard, but not in the cocky crude way. He looked strong and had such kind eyes. He stood with two other men, one was much larger than the other two.

The first man was built like an ox. Black short hair with a good beard and mustache. He had dark skin like mine. He looked rough but in a handsome way. The last man was a bit smaller than the others, he was skinnier and leaner, but still pretty built. His hair had a similar tint to my own however it was closer to blonde that it was red. All three were handsome and looked wealthy, and they also looked very young.

"Hello sirs, how may we help you on this glorious night?" My owner asked

"Well hello sir, I am John and these are my companions, Robert and Will." The largest man, John, spoke as he gestured toward the men next to him. The smallest was Will and his name is Robert. "We just came from a hefty battle, and we are in need of some cheering up."

"You are soldier for the kings army? Well I have just the thing for you, please sir come this way."I already knew where they were going. I moved away from the door i was peeking out of and waited on the bed for them to enter the room. I could hear there footsteps approach the door. "The women you are about to meet is an exotic beauty. Her price is quite high, but for the men fighting in the war for us common folk, ill give you a discount. Feast your eyes on our Dark Rose." The door opened slowly and there stood the three men. I could feel them all staring at me.

"Her hair, its red." The little one said.

"I've never seen a black person with hair like that. She looks-" John said as he stared at my owner.

Robert cuts his friend off. "-young. She looks young." His tone seemed to have a hint of annoyance in it.

"Yes, she is one of our younger girls, but she is our gem. In all the years of you living, have you ever seen a girl like her. And besides her beauty, she has a voice of an Angel, can dance like a goddess, and her body, well let's just say it is not lacking." Mr. Fitzgerald said.